About the role
- (full time, permanent)
- Combination of working from the Northcote office and Working From Home during COVID-19
Reporting to the Director, Services and Innovation you will lead plan and manage the provision of high quality, culturally safe, client-focused, holistic legal assistance across Victoria in collaboration with Managing Lawyers.
As Manager Legal Services, you will:
· Lead the development, fostering and modelling of a culturally safe, client-focused, staff supportive service culture supported by two Managing Lawyers.
· Manage risk and ensuring compliance with legal, professional and accreditation requirements.
· Contribute as a member of the Management team to organisational development, planning and management, and;
· Work in collaboration with the Manager Policy and Advocacy in the identification of law reform and policy issues and contribute to law reform, written policy submissions and inquiries.
The Manager Legal Services, will possess demonstrated leadership and strategic thinking skills. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the nature and consequence of family violence in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, and an understanding of and commitment to, the work of community legal assistance providers is essential.
This role provides the opportunity to work as a key member of an organisation committed to ending family violence against Aboriginal women and their children across Victoria through holistic and culturally safe specialist services, prevention programs and advocacy for change.
The Aboriginal Family Violence Legal Service (AFVLS) is a program of Djirra. AFVLS provides legal and non-legal assistance and facilitates access to justice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who have experienced family violence or sexual assault.
AFVLS operates a culturally safe, trauma informed, holistic and intensive client service model. Clients are assisted by Lawyers and Paralegal Support Workers to access a variety of legal, social, psychological, cultural, health and other support services to address their complex needs and issues.
About the organisation
Djirra is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation (ACCO) that works towards a future where all Aboriginal women are strong, safe, independent, healthy and positive in their lives, culture and communities. All Djirra’s work is designed by and for Aboriginal women and is deeply respectful of and connected to community. Self-determination is the foundation of everything we do: it is Our Cultural Way.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Manager, Legal Services via Pro Bono Australia.