About the role
IDEAL OPPORTUNITY TO WORK FOR AN EXCEPTIONAL ORGANISATION AND BUILD YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH PEOPLE WITH A PROGRESSIVE NEUROLOGICAL CONDITION.
We are seeking an experienced health professional (ideally a qualified occupational therapist, physiotherapist, speech pathologist, dietician, social worker or nurse) to work with people with motor neurone disease (MND) to provide person centred, responsive and timely advice and support that includes:
- assessing the care needs of people living with MND,
- planning to address current and future care needs,
- pre-planning for participation in the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS),
- coordination of Support for NDIS participants with MND,
- accessing My Aged Care,
- making appropriate referrals,
- assisting with negotiation of the service system,
- acting as an interface with health professionals and service providers.
About the organisation
MND Victoria is dedicated to providing the best possible support for people living with MND. ‘People living with MND’ includes people who have been diagnosed, families, carers, former carers, friends, workmates, service providers and any other person whose life is, or has been, affected by MND.
MND Victoria was formed in 1981 by a group of volunteers with the strong involvement of people with MND, their families, health professional and other concerned people to address the absence of a coordinated response to MND. It is a state-wide not-for-profit organisation, predominately self- funded situated in Canterbury in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne. Membership of MND Victoria is free to people with motor neurone disease; a small annual fee is applicable to other interested people. There are currently 31 staff and approximately 130 committed volunteers.
MND Victoria is an awesome organsistion to work for; 100% dedicated to supporting the needs of people with MND. If you are...
- Committed to deliver the best possible support and advocacy for people living with disability?
- Keen to use your broad knowledge and experience of the disability and aged care sectors?
- A dedicated health professional looking for a challenge?
Then contact us and APPLY...
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY
For inquiries and a position description contact Jo Whitehouse email@example.com or by ph. on 0402 183 140.
Applications addressing the key selection criteria to Jo Whitehouse via email by 5pm Tues 24th November 2020. Interviews are planned to commence Friday 27th November. Ideally would like successful applicant to commence in the week before Christmas 2020 or early January 2021
Please quote in application: MND Advisor and Support Coordinator – Maternity Leave Cover via Pro Bono Australia.