About the role
Asthma Australia is looking for two new Non-Executive Directors to join their board who:
- Are committed to Asthma Australia’s vision
- Are receptive and embracing of new ideas, keen to participate in driving a culture of growth and fresh thinking
- Are reliable, resilient, dynamic, caring; who can influence and inspire others
- Are committed to excellence in governance to ensure the Board continues to operate with effectiveness and rigour
- Have an appetite for calculated risk and will considerately challenge thoughts and ideas
The experience, knowledge, skills they’re looking for:
- Professional experience within fundraising or philanthropy, and/or
- Professional experience in impact investment and/or social enterprise
- Commercial with a strong business network
- Solid governance or leadership experience and a good understanding of the Australian not for profit sector (or preparedness to learn).
In order to maintain their national perspective, applications from suitably qualified candidates in South Australia are particularly encouraged.
It is essential that you have a genuine interest in positively contributing to Asthma Australia.
These volunteer Non-Executive Director positions are an excellent opportunity to work with a high performing Board to deliver significant and measurable social impact.
About the organisation
Asthma Australia’s vision is a community free from Asthma. To do this, Asthma Australia engage with half a million Australians each year including people with asthma, their family and friends, health professionals, researchers and governments. The organisation delivers evidence-based prevention and health strategies. They provide education and training; sharing best-practice information with the public via their website, helpline and COACH program and provide information about first-aid and responses to someone who experiences asthma symptoms.
Asthma Australia is at an exciting time in its evolution. It has a highly engaged Board, rich diversity across its Advisory Councils, and a well-regarded brand. Under the leadership of CEO Michele Goldman, it is poised to achieve its aspirations of driving systemic change and amplifying its impact, guided by a new strategy and CX framework.
How to apply
People for Purpose have been appointed to recruit for this role. For more information, please download the Board Pack. If, once you’ve undertaken your own research, you have any specific questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, you MUST submit a CV and covering letter outlining why you are interested in representing Asthma Australia and how your skills and experience align to this opportunity.
Applications close Sunday, 13 December 2020.
Please quote in application: Non-Executive Directors: Asthma Australia via People for Purpose via Pro Bono Australia.