About the role
The Disability Accommodation Service program provides a high quality; community based supported accommodation to people with a disability. The Operations Manager role is a key management position reporting to the General Manager Outcomes for the southern region. The Operations Manager is responsible for providing leadership to a group of House Supervisors to ensure the delivery of quality disability accommodation services. This includes compliance with legislative requirements and departmental policies, people management, budget and resources management and quality improvement across 6 group homes.
Reporting to the GM, Outcomes South you will:
- Take responsibility for multiple mixed use accommodation sites
- Lead and promote high quality service delivery
- Implement, monitor and review performance management systems
- Manage allocated and individual NDIS budgets
- Ensure all financial, legal and operational documentation is maintained and monitored for continuous improvement processes.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the Accommodation Service and Direct Support staff are supported and empowered in the delivery of outstanding high-quality services.
You’ll be driven and show genuine passion for building capability within your team. In addition, you:
- are a natural leader; modelling a positive attitude, professional conduct and unwavering commitment to quality outcomes and service delivery for staff, individuals with disability and the community
- possess a strong grasp of complex behaviour support
- enjoy working with a high performing group of colleagues and peers and accept responsibility and accountability.
- are an articulate, clear communicator with a high level of literacy.
- are self-motivated, well organised and resourceful.
- possess a high level of integrity, passion and reliability.
- are an advocate for independence with a human rights focus
- understand positive behaviour support (PBS) and its implementation within a diverse team.
- have a positive track record supporting people with complex presentations including intellectual disabilities, complex health and physical disabilities
- must hold an Advanced Diploma in Disability or Community Sector Management, Degree in Applied Science (Disability) or equivalent
The Operations Manager position is offered on a permanent basis at a competitive salary plus superannuation. In addition, you will be able to access attractive PBI/NFP salary packaging.
About the organisation
Melba Support Services is a human rights, values based, not-for-profit community organisation committed to providing services that support individuals with disability to lead everyday lives of their choice.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Operations Manager - Accommodation Services via Pro Bono Australia.