About the role
- Part-time (0.2 FTE) fixed term until 30/07/21; possible renewal subject to funding
- NFP Salary Packaging increasing take home pay
- Generous employer PPL scheme
- Leading organisation in youth mental health
About the role and its impact
Orygen is currently seeking applications for a Peer Work Coordinator to join our Orygen Digital team, to oversee and supervise the provision of youth peer workers across several NHMRC funding RCTs in digital youth mental health. As the Peer Work Coordinator, you will essentially be coordinating the peer work program for these trials, contributing to peer work recruitment, training and development, and providing supervision and support to youth peer workers involved in these activities. You will lead peer work meetings, develop peer work specific Moderated Online Social Therapy (MOST) content and coordinate the internal peer workforce for the NHMRC research trials conducted by Orygen Digital.
As a guide, remuneration of $60,000 – $65,000 per annum pro rata plus superannuation is offered, dependent on skills and experience; plus, NFP salary packaging opportunities also available to the successful candidate.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
To be considered you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in youth work or a related field and/or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Lived experience of mental ill health and demonstrated experience providing peer work or peer work supervision in a youth mental health setting.
- Understanding of the mental health sector and, in particular, youth mental health.
- Experience working in partnership with young people to achieve a shared vision.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and expertise in applying youth participation and peer work principles to real world settings.
- Willingness to advocate for the needs of the peer workforce.
- Knowledge of the common mental health problems facing young people.
- Capacity to support and provide peer work supervision effectively.
- Capacity to develop and review stakeholder engagement and effectively manage relationships.
Desirable (not essential)
- Interest in innovation and digital tools for youth mental health.
About the organisation
Orygen is the world’s leading research and knowledge translation organisation focusing on mental ill-health in young people. Find out more on our website.
headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation providing early intervention mental health services to 12-25 year olds, along with assistance in promoting young peoples’ wellbeing. This covers four core areas: mental health, physical health, work and study support and alcohol and other drug services. Find our more on the headspace website.
Orygen is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to attracting, developing and retaining our staff irrespective of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community. We strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
Orygen is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that supports employees to achieve their career goals without compromising their life goals. With this in mind Orygen offers a range of employment benefits including generous paid leave, flexible work arrangement, access to NFP salary packaging and an employee assistance program.
How to apply
Please submit your resume, cover letter and a document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria located in the position description, to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line ‘Peer Work Coordinator’ followed by your ‘full name’.
For a private and confidential discussion about the role, please contact Hailey Tremain at email@example.com .
Closing Date for Applications: Sunday 6th December 2020 11:55 PM AEST.
Orygen reserves the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, it is encouraged that you submit your application as soon as possible.
Please quote in application: Peer Work Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.