About the role
- Be part of an organisation that makes a difference
- Fabulous Comms generalist role offering lots of variety for someone adept at multi-tasking
- Melbourne or Sydney based
Reporting to the Philanthropy Communications Manager and working with a high-performing and passionate team, this pivotal role is responsible for writing copy and creating/approving content/marketing materials to support the acquisition and retention of corporate partners and high value donors. The role has a high level of internal and external engagement and requires a solid background in writing, Communications creation and coordination, as well as a flexible approach to make things happen.
A week in the life of our Philanthropy Communications Coordinator might look like this, but every day can be different. In this role, you’ll be responsible for:
- Writing, editing and proofreading copy for a diverse range of communications material
- Interviewing students/families to create case studies and stories to demonstrate the impact of our work
- Coordinating and implementing marketing communications materials to attract and retain our corporate partners and high-value donors
- Reviewing and coordinating approvals on marketing communications materials, which our corporate partners and donors create to showcase their relationship with The Smith Family
- Supporting the Philanthropy Communications Manager to project manage outsourced work, including engaging, briefing and providing guidance and support to freelance photographers, videographers, designers, writers and other related resources
- Creating content for digital channels, including websites, email and social media
- Assisting the Philanthropy Communications Manager to develop internal processes and procedures that maximise internal efficiency and productivity
It takes a special kind of person to be our Philanthropy Communications Coordinator. Our successful candidate will bring the following:
- Solid experience coordinating and developing communications/marketing materials gained from working within communications, marketing or advertising
- Strong, demonstrable experience writing, editing and proofreading for a wide range of communications and audiences
- Experience developing content (stories and imagery) for both print and digital channels
- Proven ability to build strong cooperative relationships with key stakeholders, and work collaboratively across teams to deliver excellent results
- Outstanding communications skills, both written and verbal
- A talent for multi-tasking and exceptional attention to detail
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to deliver strong performance outcomes.
About the organisation
The Smith Family is Australia’s leading children’s education charity helping young Australians from disadvantaged backgrounds to succeed at school, so they can create better futures for themselves.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Philanthropy Communications Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.