About the role
About the program
Drawing on our experience of engaging with disadvantaged people, families and communities through our services and programs, the Jesuit Social Services Policy and Advocacy Unit has two key functions:
- Research and policy development: Developing the research, policy and solutions needed to achieve our vision of ‘a just society’
- Advocacy: Identifying and implementing advocacy strategies to achieve the change needed, including through government relations, submissions, engagement with the media, collaborations with other sector organisations or allies, and other avenues.
About the role
Jesuit Social Services has an exciting opportunity for a full time Policy, Research and Advocacy Officer. This role plays a key role undertaking high quality research, liaising with programs, developing policy initiatives, building and maintaining our advocacy networks, assistance with developing and undertaking advocacy strategies.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, you will need to be able to work remotely until we can resume regular office routines, from our Central Office location in Richmond.
Attractive salary and salary packaging is offered, together with ongoing professional and career development.
This role will suit a candidate with the following skills and experience:
Understanding of disadvantage, social justice and social inclusion in the context of government policy making at the national and state/territory levels in Australia.
Experience and skill in undertaking social research, and capacity to contribute to identifying and reviewing research priorities for Jesuit Social Services.
Previous knowledge, skill and experience in developing strategic policy solutions.
Understanding of advocacy processes and knowledge of how state and federal governments work.
An understanding of traditional and social media and its use for advocacy purposes.
Effective written and verbal communication skills
What Jesuit Social Services can offer you:
- A comprehensive Induction and Orientation program
- Ongoing role related training and development
- An organisation that lives their values, through our day to day work
- A welcoming and supportive environment
- Employee assistance program
- A competitive salary plus salary packaging benefits
- Generous leave
About the organisation
Jesuit Social Services is a social change organisation working to build a just society where all people can live to their full potential.
Since 1977, we've provided services in some of the most disadvantaged in our community.
We place a high priority on advocacy and are a leader in policy development and research.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Policy, Research & Advocacy Officer via Pro Bono Australia.