About the role
- Located in Richmond / Dandenong
- Full Time, Fixed Term (till 30 June 2021)
- Salary range $90,000 – $94,500 (Salary Packaging available)
- Be part of an organisation striving to create a world where all women and children will be safe and free from family violence
We are seeking an enthusiastic and well organised professional to join inTouch.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced individual who is passionate about leading a trial intervention that addresses the needs and barriers faced by men who use violence from multicultural communities.
This role requires someone with a mature attitude, ability to take control and work autonomously within a team environment. Sound planning and organisational skills are essential, along with the ability to multi-task, prioritise and make decisions. A confident, ethical and professional approach is required
for the position. The position will manage all aspects of the project including leading a team of
group facilitators and case workers. The Program Coordinator will also liaise closely with inTouch’s Family Violence Case Managers and the Direct Service teams, who provide partner contact. This position is a part of inTouch’s leadership group.
The Program Coordinator will be required to develop positive and effective local partnerships with external service providers which may include family violence services, men’s behaviour change programs, community legal centres, courts, culturally-specific agencies and Victoria Police.
If you have the capability to achieve success in this role, have a genuine commitment to social justice, high ethical standards and values. We would love to hear from you!
The position will manage all aspects of the project including leading a team of
casual Group Facilitators and on staff Case Workers. The Project Coordinator will
also liaise closely with inTouch’s Direct Services Team Leaders and family
violence case managers. This position is a part of inTouch’s leadership group.
- Implement program and staff induction, ongoing training, supervision and
- Provide monthly supervision for all relevant staff to monitor work load, work
outcomes and assist in the setting of work priorities
- Liaise regularly with the Motivation for Change clinical supervisor(s) to monitor risk,
staff performance and professional development requirements
- Provide management supervision and debriefing to Motivation for Change Group
Facilitators and Case Managers as required
- Liaise closely with the inTouch’s Family Violence Direct Services’ team regarding
partner contact and risk management
- Convene, resource and contribute to various inTouch groups that will contribute to
- Participate in relevant interagency meetings and forums to raise awareness and
advocate for the Motivation for Change program
- Liaise with local services in developing referral pathways and ensure effective risk
- Ensure adherence to organisational policy and procedures
- Participate in project monitoring and evaluation and review of service provision to
ensure that services are effective, appropriate and innovative in meeting the needs of
clients and their families
- Develop and oversee administrative systems as required by the project
- Active participation in the inTouch leadership group
- Support the Executive Leadership Team in developing and maintaining a strong
strategic focus to ensure alignment with the broader sector reform
- Participate proactively in team project initiatives
- Support other team members in periods of high demand and during periods of
- Participate in project groups and attend events
- Undertake other duties as directed
About the organisation
inTouch Multicultural Centre Against Family Violence is a not-for-profit
organisation that provides services, programs and responses to family violence
in migrant and refugee communities throughout Victoria. We work across the
continuum from prevention, early intervention, crisis and post crisis support and
inTouch provides innovative services to support women, families and
communities from culturally, linguistically and religiously diverse backgrounds
affected by family violence, and to work towards preventing such violence
through awareness raising, advocacy and community capacity building. Our
strategic priorities are prevention and early intervention, crisis intervention,
post-crisis support, research and advocacy, building sector capacity and
strengthening organisational capacity.
inTouch is the only accredited specialist family violence service in Australia which
specifically caters to the needs of those experiencing family violence in migrant
and refugee communities.
How to apply
As part of our screening process in support of the safeguarding of our clients,
candidates will be required to complete a satisfactory National Police Check,
Statutory Declaration where necessary, sign our Code of Conduct and complete
a Working with Children Check.
Applicants should express their interest through a short covering letter attaching
their resume and a brief document, limited to three pages, addressing the key
selection criteria. Applicants who do not address KSC will not be considered.
A detailed position description is available on our website www.intouch.org.au
Please send your application using the subject
line: Program Coordinator – Motivation for Change via Pro Bono.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis.
Please quote in application: Program Coordinator – Motivation for Change via Pro Bono Australia.