About the role
Your new role
Women’s House offers a safe and welcoming engagement hub for women experiencing homelessness. Working full time, you will lead the Women’s House team in providing the highest quality, most effective service to women. You will oversee service delivery aimed at assisting women to identify, access and sustain appropriate, stable and affordable long-term housing through the provision of information, referral, support, and case management. This role works closely with other client services to promote a positive shared response to women.
The Women’s House Coordinator role is a dynamic and varied role. You will be supervising 6 team members as well as volunteers in this role with a view to ensuring trauma-informed practice is embedded in the program.
We are an engagement hub open to all women experiencing homelessness, so day to day you will be required on to manage incidents, ensure the space is safe for staff and clients, support staff to find creative brief intervention and case management solutions to complex housing issues and create reflective spaces for staff to connect.
Sacred Heart Mission and the Women’s House is responding to change in the midst of the Coronavirus pandemic and other program developments, an important part of the role is working on change management processes and planning for managing future changes including building refurbishments.
You will also assist with the SHM on-call roster.
We’re looking for someone who is
- Committed to a feminist approach
- Able to effectively support staff to work in a trauma informed way
- Team focused with strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work 08.00 am – 04.06 pm, Monday to Friday.
- Excited to lead the team through change and an office refurbishment & other major SHM projects
- Committed to work with internal programs in an integrated way
You can look forward to
- A unique opportunity to work as part of a team focusing on providing an intersectional and inclusive response to women who are highly vulnerable
- Located within the Women’s Services area, your colleagues are thoughtful, supportive and reflective
- With change on the horizon, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the future of the much-loved Women’s House program
- Participating in in-house training and regular supervision
- Salary packaging expenses like your rent, holiday accommodation and dining out: up to $15,990 pre-tax
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
About the organisation
Your future workplace
Every day of the year, Sacred Heart Mission assist hundreds of people who are experiencing homelessness or living in poverty to find shelter, food, care and support. We are in this for the long haul - we are committed to making a sustainable difference in people’s lives. Everyone is welcome at our table.
How to apply
To join our team, simply 'Apply now'.
For more information about the role, contact Sarah Honan-Barnes, Acting Manager, Women’s Services, 0449 902 177.
Closing date for applications: 5PM, Wednesday 2 December 2020.
Sacred Heart Mission has exemption under section 28 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 to employ women only for Women’s Services Programs.
Sacred Heart Mission value and respect diversity and welcome applications from people from all walks of life. All appointments are subject to Police Checks and certain roles require additional pre-screening as outlined in the position description. All NDIS roles will require a Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check against the Disability Worker Exclusion List (DWEL). Individuals placed on the DWEL will not be engaged by Sacred Heart Mission.
Please quote in application: Program Coordinator, Women’s House via Pro Bono Australia.