About the role
Residential Support Worker Position
Part Time (4 nights/week)
We have an opportunity for a part time Residential Support Worker to work as part of an innovative team supporting women and children who are experiencing family violence. You will be well supported by a committed, collaborative team of workers with an emphasis on strength-based practice.
Qualifications and experience in Community Services/Welfare/Family Violence and or related discipline are not essential but preferable. Ideally you will have some of the following skills:
- Experience in individual support in daily living activities and ability to care for the women and children residing at our sites.
- Experience in residential support and ability to work collaboratively with the Program Coordinator and other staff.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a broader team delivering outcomes.
- Ability to work Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday sleepover shifts (4 nights per week, 4:30pm – 8:30am )
- Knowledge of the Family Violence Protection Act, Child Safe Standards and the MARAM
- Previous experience in the mental health, family violence and or homelessness sector.
- High level interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
We provide excellent support and growth opportunities through coaching and training with a focus on developing your professional competence according to our Direct Practice Competency Framework.
A Police Check, Working with Children Check and current driver’s license are required. Salary is level 1 in accordance with the SCHADS Award Crisis Accommodation stream. Salary packaging is also available.
About the organisation
McAuley Community Services for Women, a ministry of the Institute of Sisters of Mercy of Australia and Papua New Guinea, is committed to advocate for a better, safer and just society, through working with women and their children affected by family violence, mental illness or homelessness.
How to apply
Only applications addressing the Key Selection Criteria will be considered. For further information, contact Ania on 0417 410 432. Applications close Monday November 30th at 5pm and must be submitted via our online portal.
HOSPITALITY COMPASSION JUSTICE COMMUNITY
McAuley Community Services for Women values diversity and encourages applications from all backgrounds. We uphold the Victorian Child Safe Standards. Only candidates identifying as female need apply.
Please quote in application: Residential Support Worker Position Part Time (4 nights/week) via Pro Bono Australia.