About the role
- Senior Lawyer – ongoing (full time or part time)
- Provide high-quality legal advice to support the Commission’s complaint investigation function regarding Victorian judicial officers including Magistrates, Judges and VCAT members
- Work closely with the Principal Lawyer and Director to support the Board of the Commission, which is chaired by the Chief Justice of Victoria
- Join an interesting and challenging environment which provides a unique opportunity to understand and work in the important field of judicial ethics and integrity.
- Use your legal expertise, understanding of and experience in the justice system, including courts and tribunals to respond to respond to and investigate complaints.
- Join a small, supportive and collegiate team with access to flexible work arrangements.
About the role:
The Senior Lawyer is responsible for investigating complaints and providing confidential, high-quality legal advice to the Board of the Commission. The role works closely with the Principal Lawyer and Director to support preparation of Board papers, Investigating Panel investigations and hearings and policy development as well as unique legal research. The role involves liaison with complainants and court staff to support complaint investigations.
- You will have 5+ years legal experience, preferably with a litigation, regulatory or administrative law background including court or tribunal experience.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- You’re a team player, who thrives on working with others to achieve common goals and inspires others to do the same.
About the organisation
Court Services Victoria (CSV) is a public entity established by the Court Services Victoria Act 2014 to provide expert administrative support to Victoria’s courts: the Supreme Court, the County Court, the Magistrates’ Court, the Children’s Court, and the Coroners Court, as well as the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal, Victims of Crime Assistance Tribunal, the Judicial College of Victoria and the Judicial Commission of Victoria.
The role operates within the Judicial Commission of Victoria (the Commission), which is an independent body established to investigate complaints about the conduct and capacity of judicial officers and non-judicial Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) members.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Lawyer, Judicial Commission of Victoria via Pro Bono Australia.