About the role
Currently we are seeking to fill the position of Team Leader at McAuley House. The incumbent will provide leadership to an effective and high functioning team, delivering strengths based, client-centred and holistic service responses to women residing McAuley House in Footscray and to women in the community.
A tertiary qualification in Social Work, Community Development, Psychology, Welfare or other relevant is required.
Successful Applications will be able to demonstrate:
- Understanding of and commitment to Feminist, Intersectional and Anti-Oppressive principles, and practices.
- Contribute to a co-design, co-production model of service delivery development where the client voice is truly sought and heard.
- Provide strength-based leadership of a small team and foster a positive team culture.
- Facilitate a strength-based and individualised case management approach aligned with our Direct Practice Competency Framework, and client-centred goals
- Lead flexible support to empower women to regain power and control of their lives, through accessing safe, affordable, and secure housing.
- Work collaboratively with team members and external service providers to provide an integrated continuum of support and exit planning.
- Build relationships with clients, and direct service delivery partners and other stakeholders.
- In consultation with the relevant Community Service Manager, ensure adherence to professional and departmental standards.
We provide excellent support and professional development opportunities through coaching and training with a focus on developing your professional competence according to your strengths.
Why work for McAuley?
- A supportive and energetic team environment
- Access to salary packaging that increases your take home pay
- Flexible work arrangement options
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP), including access for staff members’ immediate family
- Encouragement and support to excel in areas of interest
A National (and International if applicable) Police Check, a Working with Children Check (employee version) and a current driver’s license are required for this position.
Renumeration is in line with SCHADS Award level 6. Generous salary packaging is available.
McAuley Community Services for Women values diversity and believe that a range of backgrounds brings a variety of ideas, perspectives and experiences that will enhance our effectiveness.
McAuley Community Services for Women is a child safe organisation and upholds the Victorian Child Safe Standards.
In accordance with Section 28 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010, women or people identifying as women may apply for this position.
About the organisation
McAuley Community Services for Women, a ministry of the Institute of Sisters of Mercy of Australia and Papua New Guinea, is committed to creating a world that enables women and children to participate in society on their own terms through innovative services, advocacy and a caring community… so violence and homelessness can be eradicated.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader McAuley House (Full Time) Ongoing via Pro Bono Australia.