About the role
- Take your skills to the forefront of a historic not-for-profit organisation
- Provide crucial support in a rewarding emerging leadership role
- Ongoing professional development and career progression in a growing organisation
Due to organisational growth and internal career progression we are seeking to fill the role of Team Leader – Social Support Programs. Reporting to our ICT Coordinator (the former incumbent of this role and under a transitional arrangement) this role plays a pivotal role in developing and delivering social support programs that support seniors to age with engagement, enablement, and connection. The position is responsible for coordinating, planning, implementing, evaluating, reporting, and improving these programs. On a day-to-day basis, this is achieved by managing a team of
Social Support Group Coordinators, Volunteer coordinators, and liaising with AMCS Management.
Drawing upon your existing community engagement and development experience, your enthusiasm for continuous improvement and natural ability to inspire those around you to deliver high standards of work, is what will see you easily step into this role, and position yourself for our future succession plans!
You are experienced with community engagement and development and have prior experience in Aged Care and Social Support programs. Ideally, you will have demonstrated cultural competency having previously worked with CALD Communities. You may be an experienced team leader, or you may be ready to take the next step in your career.
- Provide leadership to a team of around six staff – our Social Support Group Coordinators, Volunteer Coordinators and, Administration Support Officer
- Oversee the quality of our social support and community engagement services with a view to continuous improvement, innovation and, development
- Complete reporting activities to our funding bodies and track the progress of our programs against targets
- Review and develop robust policies and procedures for our programs
- Provide monthly supervisions and annual appraisals
- Work as a member of our team, liaising with other AMCS staff, managers and as required, external stakeholders
What’s on offer:
- A role with purpose
- Great organisational culture with a diverse and inclusive team
- Opportunities for ongoing professional development and career progression
- NFP Salary packaging benefits
About the organisation
Australian Multicultural Community Services (AMCS) is an NFP organisation established by a group of visionary community leaders who were concerned about migrant welfare and wanted to ensure that non-English speaking migrants had the same access to needed services and opportunities. Fast forward 35 years and we're proud to have continued implementing our founding members' initial vision. Our extensive services cover every aspect of wrap-around supports as needed to keep our clients safe, connected with their communities and, comfortable at home as much as possible during their senior years.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Team Leader Social Support Services via Pro Bono Australia.