About the role
A trusted and reassuring presence in the Victorian community for more than 136 years, St John Ambulance Victoria is a for purpose organisation and driving force in the community, working for the Service of Humanity. We look to the future as a vibrant and strong organisation which exists to help those in our community who are in sickness, distress, suffering or danger.
Our desire is to serve the community further, deliver the best care possible and be a place where people are inspired to volunteer and work. We support our charitable work through a strong and diversified commercial operation, operating as a certified Social Enterprise.
About the Opportunity
At St John our volunteers are the lifeblood of the work we do in the community. As the Volunteer Services Manager, you will be leading and representing the recruitment, training, engagement, performance and support of volunteering across St John in Victoria, ensuring existing and potential volunteers are recognised as a valuable part of the organisation.
Due to the growth of the Event Health Services team, this position has been newly developed to report directly to the General Manager, Event Health Services (EHS), supporting in a 2IC capacity as required, and you will also be supporting your direct reports of Volunteer Development Managers, EHS Training Manager, and Youth Project Officer. Together with your team, you will ensure all volunteers are recruited, supported, rewarded and have the appropriate training and skills that ensure St John maintains the trust and respect of the Victorian community in every service and engagement. You will build positive relationships and inspire volunteers, create annual volunteer strategic plans, maintain compliance and training requirements, and ensure effective communication channels and engagement across the organisation and community.
We are searching for a dedicated senior volunteer manager with solid experience in operational and strategic volunteer management. You will have a track record of achieving targets and strong knowledge of volunteer management best practice. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are key to succeed in this senior management position, along with the proven ability to inspire volunteers, lead and manage career staff, and the tactical approach to support the St John vision and mission.
Note: Operational management of geographically diverse and remote workforces is desirable.
Essential Skills and Attributes (Selection Criteria):
Experience and knowledge
- Demonstrated experience and success in senior volunteer management position.
- Success in leading and mentoring dynamic teams, the development of individuals and productive working relationships.
- Working knowledge and practice to analyse and harness data to implement key volunteer strategic activities and opportunities.
Skills, competencies, personal qualities
- Strong leadership and influencing skills, with the ability to provide direction, motivate, engage and empower others in the achievement of goals.
- Ability to maintain and demonstrate high performance standards when under pressure and supporting the team through change.
- Ability to identify the requirement for change in policy or procedure and engage with stakeholders to develop and implement new practices.
- Capable of independent judgement and analytical thinking to take prompt action to accomplish objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and written skills and ability to work with empathy, tactfulness and discretion in dealing with sensitive situations.
- Ability to build positive and engaging relationships with volunteers, employees, customers and healthcare industry professionals.
- Excellent administration and IT skills with good knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt in a rapidly growing environment.
- Open to flexible working hours when needed with availability for volunteer meetings and activities which are often held after hours or weekends.
- Able to work reasonable additional hours if required.
- Willingness to undertake a current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
St John supports an inclusive approach in both the workplace and community where you can pursue and achieve your goals to the fullest potential through ‘Our Safe Place’. St John offers a great culture and amazing staff benefits including career growth opportunities, training and development opportunities, tax free salary packaging options, discount cards, health and wellbeing offerings, complimentary breakfast and fresh fruit, fabulous coffee machines, team building activities, additional leave days and staff excellence awards. We also have an engaging and active social club!
How to Apply
Please apply with your updated resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria. Your cover letter statement should include how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities would enable you to achieve the key accountabilities and succeed in the position.
If you experience any difficulties applying online, please contact our People and Culture Recruitment Team by email email@example.com.
Our commitment to Diversity
St John is committed to fostering an inclusive and equitable work environment for all our people. We encourage an environment where people feel respected, safe and valued for who they are and the contribution they make to the organisation and the community. We welcome and encourage applications from people across our diverse community, especially from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) applicants.
Our commitment to Child Safety
As an organisation that regularly works with children, we at St John believe that all children have the right to be emotionally and physically safe at all times, and to be treated with dignity and respect, free from emotional, psychological and physical danger, abuse and neglect. St John is committed to identifying, mitigating and managing risk to children through a preventative and risk management approach.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Volunteer Services Manager via Pro Bono Australia.