About the role
In this role you will:
- report to and with the oversight of the Programs Manager, ensure compliance in all operational areas including service delivery, risk management and quality improvement.
- hold responsibility for the day to day operations of our purpose-built youth refuge.
- provide leadership and direction to the crisis accommodation team; 6 residential youth workers and 2 case managers.
- establish a culture of service excellence where optimal outcomes for young people are achieved.
It’s an excellent opportunity for a positive and dedicated individual to join our Leadership Team.
The position is a full-time (76 hours per fortnight) 12 month contract.
Classification: SCHCADS Award 2010, Level 5
Join an organisation where you can have a real impact and be part of a high performing team achieving quality outcomes in the community.
- You have a Bachelor Degree qualification in Youth Work, Social Work, Family Therapy, Psychology, or other health/welfare related qualifications.
- You are an experienced team leader with strong people management skills and pride yourself on your ability to deliver effective client-centred services to young people in crisis within a case management framework and therapeutic approaches within a multi-disciplinary team.
- You have great relationship building skills which has seen you motivate a team to achieve quality outcomes. You have highly developed communication skills at all levels particularly in active listening, negotiation, problem solving and report writing.
- You also have strong knowledge and skills in Microsoft office applications, and Case Management software.
About the organisation
Hope Street Youth and Family Services Limited ("Hope Street") is a leading specialist youth homelessness service in Victoria with over 35 years’ experience in delivering services to young people in the Western and Northern communities.
Hope Street First Response Youth Support Service in Melton is a new innovative program funded by the State Government in response to youth homelessness in the growth corridor of the City of Melton.
If you can lead, motivate and support your team to deliver effective services to young people in a crisis accommodation setting, we want to hear from you!
How to apply
Please refer to the Position Description and our website www.hopest.org/get-involved/employment
Please provide a cover letter, a statement addressing the key selection criteria and your resume. Please note applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be shortlisted.
Please email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org using subject line: Melton, Team Leader (Youth Refuge Service) and address your Cover letter to: Citshela Ndlovu, Program Manager (NW)
Applications Close: Monday 7th December 2020, at midnight.
Don't delay with your application! Previous applicants need not apply.
Please note successful applicants will need to undergo the following checks and licences:
- National Police check
- Current Working With Children Check
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence
We encourage applications from qualified candidates from a diverse range of racial, social, cultural, gender and disability backgrounds that reflect our community.
Please email if you have any questions about this role.
Please quote in application: Youth Residential Services Team Leader – North West via Pro Bono Australia.