About the role
Blue Knot Foundation’s core mission is to support the recovery of adult survivors of childhood trauma. They offer a range of important services including the Blue Knot Helpline, Trauma Informed Case Management to support applicants applying for the National Redress Scheme, National Counselling and Referral Service supporting the Disability Royal Commission, educational workshops, professional development training, supervision, consultancy and other services.
Blue Knot Foundation is committed to enabling people affected by childhood trauma to live satisfying and meaningful lives, and to feel connected with their communities.
Benefits & Culture
- Passionate and collaborative team culture
- Commitment to training and development
- Diverse recognition framework
- Generous salary packaging provisions
Reporting to the Helpline and Redress Manager, with counsellors and senior helpline counsellor reporting for program specific concerns this position coordinates the delivery of counselling services for this phone based helpline. The Blue Knot Helpline offers trauma-informed, person-centred, support, information and referrals to callers who are survivors of complex childhood trauma and their personal supporters. The position will also collaborate with the Redress Counselling Coordinator to ensure smooth service delivery across both programs. It also supports survivors of institutional sexual abuse as they engage with or apply to the National Redress Scheme.
In this role you are responsible for ensuring effective and efficient management of the service, team recruitment and induction, leadership and supervision, continuous quality improvement, performance management activities, sharing responsibility for the support, debriefing, ongoing training and professional development of counselling team members. Additionally you will:
- Ensure best practice in trauma informed counselling is delivered across phone, webchat and email services
- Support senior counsellors and team members by identifying and addressing any potential for vicarious trauma and implementing strategies to ensure counsellor’s wellbeing
- Formulate recommendations for quality improvement, the development and refinement of policies, protocols and practices
- Guarantee accurate data collection and reporting to meet KPIs on all aspects of the Helpline
- Embrace the values of the Blue Knot Foundation
- Attend to self-care by attending professional development and regular supervision
We are looking for applicants who genuinely have a desire to support individuals, their families and carers who have experienced complex trauma and possess the following:
- Post Graduate studies in psychology, social work or counselling (or other relevant field)
- 10-20 years’ counselling practice experience, preferable including phone (or relevant), with experience in supervising/leading counselling team
- Strong stakeholder engagement, leadership and management skills with experience in leading and managing a program/service to successfully achieve performance and organisational objectives and funding KPIs
- A demonstrated understanding of appropriate counselling/practice frameworks, skills and knowledge in supporting people via a phone
- The ability to manage professional services via telephone and online modalities
If you are a people leader who possess the qualifications, experience and expertise to manage this important service and team, please click apply, submitting your cover letter responding to the skills required above and CV quoting # 658130 or call Kelly Gentle on 02 8243 0570 to discuss your interest.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Helpline Counselling Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.