About the role
The Intensive Support Program provides short to medium term case coordination that is culturally-sensitive, person centred and strengths based. Intensive Support aims to identify and plan towards a person’s development goals, address barriers to self-development and work towards independence.
This position is responsible for leading the program, successfully improving initiatives and processes within the team, and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders. This role also leads the development and implementation of effective processes to transition people from the program.
Working in a dynamic and multi-disciplinary team, the ideal candidate requires creativity, energy and a solutions-focused attitude to deliver effective and innovative support to people with mental health, housing/homelessness, financial stress and family disruption matters.
This is an ongoing, full-time position at 38 hours per week.
The successful candidate must be flexible to rotate between working from home and from our office located in Newtown.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITY AREAS
- Develop strategies for the Intensive Support Program that are consistent with the overall strategies, goals and direction of ASC
- Provide support, advice and coaching to staff and volunteers to ensure individual and team key deliverables are being met within the Intensive Support team
- Maintain a caseload of people with complex/multiple needs
- Conduct triage, crisis response and comprehensive assessment of needs in a sensitive and culturally appropriate manner
- Identify and develop meaningful external connections, networks and referral options for people
- Develop and execute personalised plans that create pathways out of homelessness and transitions people to stable, safe and affordable accommodation
- Contribute to the delivery of innovative solutions to improve housing outcomes for people and prevent homelessness
- Work in collaboration with other ASC programs to complete internal and external reporting requirements towards achieving systemic advocacy
- Strong understanding of mental health and trauma, and its impact to self-determination and capacity building
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in managing programs within social services / community welfare
- Experience in providing case coordination and planning to people with complex needs
- Ability to manage and motivate, support and inspire employees and volunteers in a complex and challenging environment.
- Experience developing clear program vision, gain agreement and support for it and align all program activities to this vision
- Ability to create strong and cooperative working relationships with partner agencies and other stakeholders, internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve, take initiative and troubleshoot complex situations
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field
- Valid driver’s license
About the organisation
The Asylum Seekers Centre (ASC), Sydney is a place of welcome and provides practical and personal support for people living in the community who are seeking asylum. Our work is underpinned by values built on our commitment to a human rights approach.
Our services include health care, employment assistance, case coordination, housing, financial relief, food, social and recreational activities.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Intensive Support Manager / Casework Manager via Pro Bono Australia.