About the role
We’re looking for a professional Local Area Coordinator with relevant experience who wants to join our 2,000+ team of staff and volunteers to make a difference on a Full time basis, working 38 hours per week based in Brimbank/Melton & Western Melbourne areas.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence (BSL) has a clear vision – an Australia free of poverty.
For almost 90 years, we have worked with policy makers and the community for systemic change that will prevent and alleviate poverty in Australia.
We are passionate about the work we do.
We strive to create change that lasts for a more compassionate and just society – a society in which we can all fully participate in social, civic and economic life with the dignity and respect we all deserve.
Local Area Coordinators assist people with disability to advocate, plan, organise and access the support and services needed to live an ordinary life. This includes assessing each person’s eligibility for the NDIS and (where eligible) helping to establish a NDIS plan with reasonable and necessary supports.
- Ensure that the capabilities of each person are utilised to the maximum extent possible in determining and implementing their own plans
- Assist people with disability and their carers to document their circumstances and personal objectives
- Provide advice and information about mainstream services that will help each person to achieve personal objectives
- Where necessary, provide direct support to link individuals with services
- Ensure that contractual and organisational KPI’s for information, linkages and coordination work are met
Salary will be in the range of $74,531.95 to $80,995.58 per annum, based on skills and experience plus superannuation.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Passion for supporting the mission of BSL, and delivering excellence in your role, are just the start.
To be considered for the role and be successful in it, we’re looking for Local Area Coordinator who has the following key skills and experiences:
- Relevant qualifications in the disability sector and/or lived experience or awareness of the impact of existing or acquired disability upon individuals, families, carers and the community
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to helping people attain their goals
- Takes ownership and responsibility for decisions
- Demonstrated experience in community development
- Experience with highly accountable processes that are subject to external review.
- Proven ability to effectively use and suggest improvements for the use of technology in the workplace
- Extensive salary packaging options to reduce amount of tax you pay
- Career development opportunities
- Leave loading of 17.5%
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program
BSL employees enjoy a range of flexible work options and other attractive benefits. Recognising that there is no ‘one size fits all’ pattern of work–life balance, the organisation endeavours to provide options to suit the needs of all staff.
If this looks like a role that’s right for you, APPLY NOW or contact our recruitment team via NDIS.Recruitment-Team@bsl.org.au for a confidential discussion.
Applications close: Friday, 15th January 2021
Please review the Position Description to address the key responsibilities and selection criteria.
We are an EEO and understand the importance of diversity and inclusion. We recognise that everyone has the right to an equitable, safe and productive environment and to be treated with dignity and respect. We welcome applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, disability or sexual orientation. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment checks including criminal history and working with children. Recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. Applicants must have proof of working rights in Australia.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Local Area Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.