About the role
What’s the role about?
We are looking for a strategic, proactive and motivated person to join our leadership team, responsible for managing our community services in our Newcastle and Central Coast areas. As a Manager you will be responsible for directing and coordinating the operation of the service, ensuring and improving performance, efficiency and profitability while delivering and ensuring that a flexible and person centred approach is taken in all aspects of service delivery. We encourage you to be creative, flexible and innovative in exploring different ways to help people to grow into their full potential, creating opportunities for the people we support while guiding your team to perform their best within the values of the organisation. You will require a strong background working in a similar role and able to add value with your strategic planning and influencing ability.
- Previous management experience
- Commitment to the values, vision and mission of the organisation including leadership and implementation
- Sound knowledge of general business practice
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written
- Outstanding planning and organising skills demonstrating initiative when working without direct supervision
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to coach and develop these skills in others
- Emotional intelligence, resilience and physical capacity to perform the work required
- An understanding of an adherence to working within personal and professional boundaries in a multicultural environment
- Initiative and self-motivation
- Personal and professional integrity
To request a copy of the full role profile, please contact .
At Unisson Disability we understand that our people are our greatest asset. We are committed to offer a friendly place to work and a genuine, supportive team environment to grow, with a wide range of training and experienced leaders to guide you. We want to provide a ‘life changing’ experience not only for our clients but for all the people that work with us.
- Not-For-Profit Salary Packaging options available (up to $15,900/pa)
- Discounted health cover
- Emphasis on training and development
- Career progression
- Collaborative and positive working culture
- Flexible working opportunities
- 5 weeks Annual Leave and above award on-call rates
The successful candidate will be required to travel between Newcastle and Central Coast.
Interviews are planned to be held early Jan 2021.
About the organisation
Unisson Disability is a dynamic, values driven organisation that has been supporting people with a disability since 1924. We are passionate and committed to creating possibilities for the people we support to live, grow & develop their own best life, while having fun, enjoying our job within a great company environment.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Manager – Client Services – Newcastle/Central Coast via Pro Bono Australia.