About the role
We are seeking a highly motivated, inspiring, skilled and experienced National Manager to lead MYAN in this very rare position opening. This is an exciting opportunity to lead MYAN as the national peak body in a role that offers rewards such as real social impact and change for young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds. The role is responsible for leading MYAN, including policy and advocacy activities, youth-focused practices, strategic partnerships with state and territory partners, sector development initiatives, and managing government and community stakeholders as well as managing the MYAN team. This is a Victorian based role, however there is a requirement for regular national travel including spending time in Canberra. Interstate applicants are welcome to apply.
- Hours: 38 hours per week (1.0 FTE), Full Time
- Fixed Term: until 30 June 2022
- Base Salary (individual contract) : $120,000 package per annum includes Super and access to Salary Packaging
- Location: CMY Carlton Office (Due to COVID-19 restrictions, this role will require you to initially work both in the office and from home)
- Applications Close: 5:00 pm, Friday 29 January 2021
- Interviews: to be held in the week beginning 8 February 2021
You will have
- Exceptional leadership skills with significant experience in senior leadership roles with highly developed stakeholder management skills, across a range of sectors, including the multicultural, settlement and/or youth work sectors
- High level advocacy and social policy development skills and demonstrated ability to engage across all levels of government and community
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in applying best-practice youth engagement frameworks
- Experience working with and expert knowledge and understanding of the issues facing young people from migrant and/or refugee backgrounds in Australia
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
For more information
- On MYAN, visit https://myan.org.au/
- On CMY , visit https://www.cmy.net.au/
- On the role, download the Position Description available here: https://www.cmy.net.au/work-with-us/
- Contact person for the role, Carmel Guerra, MYAN Chairperson on 9340 3700 or Marissa Phillips, CMY Executive Manager People & Culture on 9340 3732
About the organisation
Multicultural Youth Advocacy Network Australia (MYAN) is the national peak body representing the rights and interests of young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds – Australia’s national voice on multicultural youth issues. MYAN is auspiced and chaired by the Centre for Multicultural Youth (CMY). MYAN works in partnership with young people, government and non-government agencies at the state and national levels to support a consistent approach to addressing the rights and needs of young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds in policy and service delivery. MYAN facilitates a national approach to youth settlement through its broad networks and partners in each state and territory. MYAN also supports the development of young people’s leadership and advocacy skills through national youth events and a national Youth Ambassador’s Network.
CMY – Auspice organisation
The Centre for Multicultural Youth (CMY) is a not-for-profit organisation based in Victoria, providing specialist knowledge and support to young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds. Our vision is that young people from migrant and
refugee backgrounds are connected, empowered and influential Australians.
CMY is the employer of MYAN staff and provides infrastructure and Governance support.
How to apply
- Provide your updated resume / CV
- Provide a document addressing each of the key selection criteria outlined in the position description
- Email the above documents to email@example.com using the subject line: <insert your name here> CMY210.
CMY takes Child Safety seriously and short listed candidates are subject to child safety screening and assessment against child safety standards as part of our thorough recruitment process.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
Please quote in application: National Manager – MYAN (CMY210) via Pro Bono Australia.