About the role
The Online Services Manager is responsible for managing key products, projects and the digital innovation strategy within the Not-for-profit Law team. The role has responsibility for project management of a redevelopment of the acclaimed Not-for-profit Law website as well as oversight of the program’s communication strategy, including the publication of other Not-for-profit Law communications such as production of the monthly update.
The role will work closely with Justice Connect’s Innovation and Engagement team in designing products, projects and initiatives for the Not-for-profit Law program that are aligned with organisational strategy and processes.
The Online Services Manager is responsible for overseeing the delivery of online legal information and self-help services to community organisations across Australia, as part of the Not-for-profit Law team. In particular, this role is responsible for:
- Managing key projects involving design and development of digital products and services, including redevelopment of the Not-for-profit Law website and interactive online self-help tools for small not-for-profit community organisations
- Managing a program of digital outreach and communication to target audiences, including email updates, blog posts and social media content, working in consultation with lawyers responsible for legal sign-off and as part of Justice Connect’s cross-team consumer outreach program
- Working as product owner for a series of products and in this capacity:
- Running design and research processes for new products and strategies
- Leading development and launch of new products
- Evaluating and iterating existing products
- Leading and motivating staff and volunteers to achieve a high standard of work and nurturing a collaborative cross-program work culture
- Managing Not-for-profit Law’s Online Content Lawyer and Legal Administrator
- Working collaboratively with the Manager of Training & Enterprise – Not-for-profit Law in developing, analysing and executing digital marketing campaigns to reach potential clients of fee-for-service offerings
- Contributing to the development of Not-for-profit Law’s program strategy, and to the evaluation of the program’s performance against key objectives, targets and deliverables
- Communication with key internal and external stakeholders including close liaison with Justice Connect’s Innovation and Engagement team
- Contribute to fundraising, grants management and acquittals, and budget processes
- Working with the Principal Lawyer to ensure compliance with high professional standards of service delivery including insurance and community legal centre accreditation obligations
- Contributing to Justice Connect’s Reconciliation Action Plan activities
- Together with Managers and Heads, help ensure that Justice Connect promotes staff wellbeing, diversity, cultural competency and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples’ right to self-determination.
- Performing other duties as directed and necessary to the proper performance of the role
This job description outlines the current duties and responsibilities of the position. These will be reviewed on a regular basis with the position holder and are subject to change according to the needs and priorities of Justice Connect.
- Please view the attached PDF for information regarding the selection criteria.
Justice Connect offers employment benefits including salary packaging (making part of your salary tax-free), flexible working arrangements, above award annual leave provisions and opportunities for professional development. Justice Connect is an organisation that strives to show leadership, operate sustainably and demonstrate our effectiveness. You will be rewarded with a workplace culture that is professional, committed, collaborative and creative and where you can make a real difference through your work.
About the organisation
An exciting opportunity has arisen to play an important role in one of Australia’s most successful public interest and social justice organisations. Justice Connect is a not-for-profit organisation with a vision of a fair and strong community in which people have a fair chance at a better life, the community sector is strong and vibrant and the legal/justice and non-legal social systems are fairer and better.
At Justice Connect, we believe everyone deserves a fair chance at a better life. Too often, our legal system is complicated, expensive and inaccessible. And when the system doesn’t work for everyone, it works for no one. It holds our community back. That’s why we use the law to help people and community groups left behind by an unfair and complicated legal system. Whether it’s a single mother facing homelessness, a local community group struggling with overwhelming regulation or an older person dealing with family violence, real-life problems so often have legal solutions. That’s why we connect people with legal help. We use the power of the law to open up the legal system for those locked out of it, and to change the system where it is broken.
The key to our impact is the passionate commitment of our people. We hold ourselves to the highest standards, driven by a desire to deliver real improvements in the lives of the people and communities we help.
Justice Connect is a leader in digital innovation in access to justice in Australia, with a reputation for pioneering digital self-help products to assist people and community groups with unmet legal need. Undertaking some of the most cutting edge work at the intersection of justice and technology, we are working on a range of projects to scale our impact and improve the experience of people seeking legal help.
This exciting new role is part of Justice Connect’s Not-for-profit Law team, providing Australia’s only dedicated community legal services for not-for-profits. Not-for-profit Law’s acclaimed self-help website (www.nfplaw.org.au) has over 300 legal resources and is the foundation of the program’s service delivery model. We also offer legal advice and educational services to organisations across Australia, and advocate for improved standards and legal frameworks for the Australian not-for-profit sector. We run a certified legal training social enterprise and deliver a dedicated service for Local Aboriginal Land Councils in NSW.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Online Services Manager via Pro Bono Australia.