About the role
GetUp is looking for an Operations Officer to join our Performance Team. This is an experimental 12 month fixed-term, full time position based in Sydney. This is a fantastic opportunity for a person looking to take their career in operations and business administration to the next level.
SCHADS Classification Level 3-4 (based on experience), $65,919.88 – $77,858.56 per annum + superannuation, less applicable taxation (pro-rata).
This is an identified position only open to people who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander. GetUp considers that being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational requirement for this position under s14 of the AntiDiscrimination Act 1977 (NSW). Additionally the filling of this position is intended to constitute a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth).
At GetUp, we know our capacity to drive progressive change is increased when our team has a diversity of backgrounds and experience – and especially comes from a background of lived experience on the issues we work on. We encourage applicants from a diversity of genders, cultures, languages, abilities and experiences to apply.
Who is the Performance Team:
GetUp’s Performance Team consists of our Operations, Legal, Human Resources, and Finance functions, working hard to ensure that our whole team has the correct resources, legal advice and budget to win big and deliver on the issues our members care about most. We support the Executive Team and the Board in organisational management and oversight, and we support the staff team to run great campaigns and ensure they are happy, healthy and savvy risk-takers.
The Operations Officer will:
- Be the first point of contact for office support to our teams across Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide;
- Ensure that staff have a safe and secure work environment and access to appropriate resources, including management of swipe cards, building maintenance, office procurement and asset management;
- Monitor and triage internal IT systems support requests, supporting staff to solve technology issues and escalating issues as needed;
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of GetUp’s technology ecosystem, including MacOS, Google Suite, Slack, Xero and Lastpass, and upskilling where required;
- Support the administration of recruitment, board meetings, onboarding, induction, training, team-building activities and events;
- Support financial administration by processing reimbursements, accounts payable and reconciling credit card receipts as required;
- Generally assist the Performance Team to improve GetUp’s operations, finance, legal, and human resources workstreams.
You will be someone who has/is:
- An understanding of the issues facing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the workforce, and a desire to create workplaces that better develop, support and retain First Nations staff and volunteers;
- Exceptionally organised with a keen eye for detail and able to juggle multiple pressing questions and tasks at once;
- Technically competent – able to support others in troubleshooting basic IT and hardware issues such as password resets and software installs;
- Capable of working autonomously on a range of varied tasks, taking the initiative to get the job done;
- Able to strike up a good rapport with a diverse range of people, including a demonstrated track record of working collaboratively with First Nations volunteers, staff and organisations;
- A drive to learn, develop new skills and deepen your experience as an operations, administrative and IT systems support professional;
- At least two years professional experience.
If even a couple of these criteria speak to you, you could be the perfect person for the job. Formal education, qualifications and extensive experience matter less to us than excellence, initiative and drive. Note that you will need to have permission to work in Australia to be considered for the role.
Applications will close 9am Monday 18 January 2021
About the organisation
Who is GetUp
The GetUp movement is powered by the values and hopes of one million members, movement partners and a central team of expert strategists. Together, we do whatever it takes to make extraordinary impact.
We focus our campaigns on the areas our members care about most in the fields of First Nations Justice, Environmental Justice, Human Rights, Economic Fairness and Democratic Integrity. From making sure hundreds of thousands of people are able to vote in elections, to successfully stopping major projects threatening the Great Barrier Reef, or securing billions of dollars in new funding for mental health – we have a decade-long history of taking on powerful interests, and winning.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Operations Officer (Indigenous Identified) via Pro Bono Australia.