About the role
A rare opportunity has opened for a Senior Clinical Clinician to join NAPHL’s mental health team in Mackay. This is a chance for an experienced mental health clinician to take their career to the next level. You’ll be able to combine your clinical knowledge and leadership skills to make a difference in the lives of people living in the picturesque Mackay region.
This highly rewarding role involves leading a high-performing team of passionate clinicians dedicated to providing exceptional mental health support services while also providing supervision. NAPHL is the lead agency for headspace in Mackay so you’ll have the opportunity to play a key role in improving the health and wellbeing of young people.
What’s on Offer
• Dynamic workload with flexible hours available
• Relocation assistance would be considered for the right candidate
• Generous salary packaging benefits up to $16,000 (increase your take home wage)
• Support the management team in the delivery and maintenance of quality mental health services.
• Provision of clinical services utilising evidence-based practice in accordance with program and service guidelines.
• Assist with the establishment and management of appropriate referral pathways and relationships with internal and external stakeholders (including those outside of the clinical mental health system).
• Provide guidance and assistance to support staff in decision making on the ethical issues which are specific to working with children and families and consumers with severe and enduring mental illness (particularly regarding issues of consent, confidentiality, mandatory notifications, legal and mandatory repot of abuse, and managing risk).
• Help build clinician capacity through mentoring and support with their professional development and growth.
• Current registration with AHPRA
• Possess a Medicare Provider Number or able to acquire as soon as possible and maintain eligibility to provide headspace services.
• Are autonomous and self-directed with exceptional clinical and therapeutic skills;
• Passionate about working with young people and their families;
• Ability to work well within a team environment, and to develop and maintain professional relationships with other service providers and within the team.
Reporting to the Centre Manager, you need to be flexible and responsive to meet the needs of the clients, the team and the demands of the service.
About the organisation
For more than 20 years Northern Australia Primary Health Limited (NAPHL) has been dedicated to helping people in Northern Queensland improve their health and well-being.
At NAPHL we believe that mental health is just as important as physical health. Our philosophy is to provide personalised services that match your needs and help you to be the best person you can be. Our team of highly trained clinicians offer a warm, welcoming, and non-judgemental environment where clients are supported to improve their mental health and wellbeing.
Our mental health services cover all age groups including children, teenagers, adults and seniors. We can help with a wide range of issues from mild mental health concerns to more severe and complex issues such as anxiety and depression.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Mental Health Clinician via Pro Bono Australia.