About the role
We’re looking for a professional Senior Policy Advisor with relevant experience who wants to join our 2,000+ team of staff and volunteers to make a difference on a maximum term full-time basis, working 38 hours per week based in Fitzroy.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence (BSL) has a clear vision – an Australia free of poverty.
For almost 90 years, we have worked with policy makers and the community for systemic change that will prevent and alleviate poverty in Australia.
We are passionate about the work we do.
We strive to create change that lasts for a more compassionate and just society –
a society in which we can all fully participate in social, civic and economic life with the dignity and respect we all deserve.
To lead the development of National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) policy work within the Inclusive Communities research theme and RPC’s strategic framework. Working closely with people with a disability, BSL NDIS Services Managers, organisations within the disability sector and academic partners, the Senior Policy Advisor will harness insights from BSL’s service delivery experience in relation to the NDIS, as well as the latest research and policy literature to develop evidence based policy and programmatic responses to key initiatives.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the Brotherhood’s quality framework and culture by participating in and promoting quality actions through continual improvement activities
- In collaboration with the manager, set goals and objectives to ensure outcomes are met
- Model the Brotherhood values and adhere to the Code of Ethical Behaviour in everyday work practices
- Maintain a safe work environment and ensure steps are taken to prevent unsafe work practices in accordance with Brotherhood policies and procedures
- Lead complex independent analysis and reporting on trends in disability and the NDIS, to provide the evidence and knowledge base that will inform our policy and programmatic agenda in relation to disability
Salary will be in the range of $93,154.77 – $97,269.24 per annum, based on skills and experience plus superannuation.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Passion for supporting the mission of BSL, and delivering excellence in your role, are just the start.
To be considered for the role and be successful in it, we’re looking for a Senior Policy Advisor who has the following key skills and experiences:
- A postgraduate social science or policy degree with extensive relevant policy experience or an equivalent combination of relevant tertiary education and policy experience
- Demonstrated high level of conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills and proven ability to successfully apply them to complex legislative, policy and procedural issues
- Demonstrated high level written communication skills including the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex issues in high level documentation including submissions, reports and briefings
- Extensive salary packaging options to reduce amount of tax you pay
- Career development opportunities
- Leave loading of 17.5%
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program
BSL employees enjoy a range of flexible work options and other attractive benefits. Recognising that there is no ‘one size fits all’ pattern of work–life balance, the organisation endeavours to provide options to suit the needs of all staff.
If this looks like a role that’s right for you, APPLY NOW or contact Diane Brown on 0428 572 336 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close: 29 December 2020 at 11:55 pm
To review the Position Description and to address the Key Selection Criteria please click here
We are an EEO and understand the importance of diversity and inclusion. We recognise that everyone has the right to an equitable, safe and productive environment and to be treated with dignity and respect. We welcome applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, disability or sexual orientation. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment checks including criminal history and working with children. Recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. Applicants must have proof of working rights in Australia.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Policy Advisor via Pro Bono Australia.