About the role
The Social Impact Lead will engage with all areas of the ASC to develop a Social Impact framework that will drive and measure the impact that ASC activities and people have made on the lives of people seeking asylum, living in our community of Sydney. The position reports directly to the CEO and will work collaboratively with the Communications team, Executive managers and the Board of Directors.
This is a full-time position on a fixed-term contract (12 months).
The successful candidate must be flexible to rotate between working from home and from our office located in Newtown.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- In collaboration with the CEO, the Executive team and the Board, develop a social impact framework for the ASC
- Document the ASC’s theory of change and delivery
- Ensure an ethical approach to the collection and reporting of measurement data
- Develop an evaluation methodology
- Train and support appropriate team members (staff and volunteers) to implement evaluation techniques
- Work with the beneficiaries, stakeholders and services delivery leads to evaluate the programs’ efficiency and effectiveness and how they may be improved
- Participate in developing advocacy messaging and delivery.
- Support advocacy campaigns by contributing evaluation and data
- Contribute to development of fundable programs and models of delivery
The successful applicant will have a strong record working in the social purpose sector supporting people from a variety of backgrounds; you have strong communications skills, an interest in advocacy and an understanding of the role social impact measurement has in philanthropy activities.
You will have the ability to bring together staff, volunteers, people seeking asylum and our supporters to contribute to the shared task of making an impact and producing data to demonstrate that impact.
- Proven experience in implementing successful social impact models
- Demonstrated ability to develop and measure social impact with a limited budget and resource
- Strong understanding of the use of social impact frameworks in the not-for-profit sector
- Demonstrated ability to build, manage and maintain excellent working relationships at all levels of an organisation and foster a collaborative work environment
- Sophisticated ability to communicate social impact and apply to advocacy, partnerships and philanthropy needs
- Excellent written and oral communications, and presentation skills
- Highly effective organisational and administration skills, with the ability to multitask
- Knowledge and experience using databases, and communication and digital technologies effectively
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline
About the organisation
The Asylum Seekers Centre (ASC), Sydney is a place of welcome and provides practical and personal support for people living in the community who are seeking asylum. Our work is underpinned by a set of values built on our commitment to a human rights approach.
Our services include health care, employment assistance, case coordination, housing, financial relief, food, social and recreational activities.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Social Impact Lead via Pro Bono Australia.