About the role
Play a crucial part in supporting the community housing sector to deliver historic levels of social housing over the next four years, made possible by the Victorian Government’s $5.3 billion Big Housing Build program.
WHERE YOU COME IN:
In this newly-created full-time role (one year contract, subject to funding), you will work closely with our member organisations, government and other stakeholders and support organisations to understand, embed and adapt to the new requirements and work practises.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- A conceptual understanding of and commitment to social procurement and social justice.
- Skills in change management including an ability to support organisations understand and adapt to new requirements and embed new work practices.
- Demonstrated and advanced networking skills.
- Ability to work both in teams and on an autonomous basis.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise work and complete tasks in a timely fashion.
- Strong work ethic and ability to manage your time efficiently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of community housing, social enterprises and the Social Procurement Framework is highly beneficial but not a requirement.
About the organisation
The Community Housing Industry Association Victoria (CHIA Vic) is the peak body that represents the not-for-profit community housing sector in Victoria. Our role is to advocate on behalf of our members to government and other relevant bodies, as well as providing advice, resources and training to the community housing sector.
How to apply
Please email a current CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Please quote in application: Social Procurement Officer via Pro Bono Australia.