About the role
About the role This role is all about people and what gives them life, meaning and purpose. The role represents an opportunity to make it your own. Each time you arrive at work the day will be different with plenty of variety. You need to be self-motivated and have a work history of experience and qualifications in Spiritual – Pastoral care. The main component of this role is to be with those patients, primary carers, family members, consumers and staff who need a compassionate active listening person to assist them within the spiritual-pastoral context and scope of practice. Individual patient-facing encounters of a Spiritual-Pastoral nature and pastoral counselling will be a significant component of your work. Working in an interdisciplinary team whilst also being a sole practitioner can raise many challenges. You are however supported by the Eastern Health Spiritual Care team, of which you are a respected member. Education to the broader health care team and promoting Spiritual care is a constant part of this role, as is maintaining electronic activity data, and conducting ceremonies. You will also coordinate Chaplains and Faith community volunteers. Cultural organisational fit is critical to any successful transition into a new position, organisation and critical to a happy work life balance creating a healthy and positive future, Eastern Health promotes employee wellbeing. You may be required to work at any Eastern Health site as needed, and lead memorials after hours several times per anum. The current opportunity is for (18) eighteen hours/wk. Monday to Wednesday or Wednesday to Friday at a level 2 classification and, one (1) position for Monday, Wednesday and Friday (15) fifteen hours/wk. at a level one classification. About you To be successful in this role you should possess:
- Key selection criteria attached
- Openness and respect for all people of all belief systems both spiritual, religious and none
- Have great organisational skills and be self driven and motivated
- The dignity of every person is core to your practice
- Rapport and relationship building are your modus operandi
- Demonstrated eligibility to join Spiritual Care Australia
- Qualifications in Spiritual-Pastoral care – 2 units of CPE and/or equivalent (negotiable)
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in either Theology or other social sciences (negotiable)
- Capacity to be with dying patients, their families and/or primary carers
- Highly developed rapport and relationship building capacity
- Confidence in leading ceremonies /services / memorials and meditations as required
- The ability to work as part of a diverse interdisciplinary team and also autonomously
- Excellent communication and computer literacy skills
- Capacity to be flexible and adaptable whilst understanding and operating within boundaries, rules and regulations
- A demonstrable sense of a healthy work life balance and personal wellbeing strategies embedded
- An Australian drivers licence and own vehicle
- Comfortable to work in isolation on site, whilst also part of a larger Allied Health Spiritual care team
About the organisation
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We provide a range of emergency, surgical, medical and general health care services, including maternity, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and statewide specialist services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and health care needs.
What we offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of positive Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here!
The benefits of working for Eastern Health include:
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Salary sacrifice packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Spiritual Care Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.