About the role
- A great opportunity to join a leader in youth mental health
- Newly created role – help create the program and make your mark
- Purposeful work and make a real difference
- Fixed term until 30 June 2022 with opportunity for further employment
- Access to generous NFP salary packaging and flexible work/life balance arrangements
- Work in a dynamic and evolving P&C team, with growth opportunity
- Participate in Orygen’s climate action group, parents/carers hub, LGBTIQA+ network and wellbeing and fundraising events
The People and Culture team are seeking a Volunteer Engagement Coordinator, to join our driven and inclusive team, and provide support in the development of Orygen’s volunteering strategy. This career opportunity is suited to someone looking to take their next step, who has developed the ability to take a lead on implementing, supporting and evaluating a quality program which provides meaningful volunteering opportunities and supports Orygen’s mission. You will be well supported to ensure your career at Orygen is both fulfilling and rewarding without compromising on your life goals.
If you have a passion for the field of youth mental health and want to make a real difference to the lives of young people and their families and carers and share Orygen’s values of respect, accountability, teamwork, excellence and innovation, then we would love you to apply!
The role & your impact
The Volunteer Engagement Coordinator will work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the provision of maximum opportunities and channels for volunteer engagement within Orygen. This role will business partner with managers and staff providing advice, support, tools, training and recruitment assistance, to enable the effective coordination of all volunteers and interns.
As a People and Culture team member, the Volunteer Engagement Coordinator will have significant experience in coordinating, developing and successfully implementing volunteer and intern strategies and programs in a similar organisation.
Depending on your skills and experience, a salary of $55,000 – $70,000 p.a. is offered plus superannuation, access to generous NFP salary packaging, flexible work/life balance benefits, great supportive team, purposeful work that makes a real difference to lives of young people and their families and carers and career opportunities within an organisation that is the leader in youth mental health.
Essential to this role is that you have significant experience in coordinating, developing and successfully implementing volunteer and intern strategies and programs in a similar organisation. You are passionate, energetic and determined to make a difference to health outcomes for young people. In addition, you will bring:
- Ability to work collaboratively to build successful and strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Well-developed coaching and facilitation skills.
- High level internal/external stakeholder engagement skills.
- Well-developed liaison and negotiation skills.
- Ability to plan and monitor progress against objectives.
- Methodical with good attention to detail.
- Innovative and creative approach to resolving issues.
To view the FULL selection criteria and learn more about this opportunity, please go to www.orygen.org.au/About/Work-with-Us to view the Position Description or contact Pam White at email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
About the organisation
We believe that all young people deserve to grow into adulthood with optimal mental health. Everything we do is focused on this outcome. Orygen is leading and redefining what’s possible in global research, policy, education and clinical care. Find out more on our website.
Orygen delivers cutting-edge research, policy development, innovative clinical services, and evidence-based training and education for the mental health workforce to ensure that there is continuous improvement in the treatments and care provided to young people experiencing mental ill-health. The Company has three Members: the Colonial Foundation, The University of Melbourne and Melbourne Health.
We are a complex organisation. Our workforce is diverse and includes:
- Five headspace centres in Craigieburn, Glenroy, Melton, Sunshine and Werribee that deliver primary clinical services to young people and are operated by Orygen.
- The Centre for Youth Mental Health, a University of Melbourne research and teaching department that is wholly seconded into Orygen, and
- Orygen Youth Health, a tertiary clinical service that is operated by North West Mental Health, co-located with us at Parkville and Sunshine, who works in close partnership with us.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Volunteer Engagement Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.