About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Part time 0.7 FTE | Maximum term until 31 December 2022
- Based at Ringwood
About the opportunity
We have a rewarding opportunity for a passionate Case Manager to join our Homelessness and Crisis Program.
The Tenancy Plus Program provides advice and support to public and social housing tenants, with the aim of preventing tenancy breakdown and homelessness. The program supports clients to address a range of issues including rental debts, anti-social behaviour, neighbourhood disputes, significant maintenance issues, hoarding and VCAT matters.
As a Case Manager you will:
- Provide assessment, intervention and case management support to ‘at risk’ clients
- Advocate for clients and assist them in accessing relevant support services
- Aid clients in identifying their needs and empower them to achieve their goals
- Maintain comprehensive case files and client records
- Develop and maintain sound relationships with a range of key stakeholders
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a Diploma (or higher) qualification in a community services related discipline.
You will also have:
- Previous experience in a case management role within the community services sector
- A genuine commitment and interest in working with and caring for children and young people in need
- A client focused approach, with the ability to prioritise the individual needs of each client
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills, both written and verbal
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more about this role or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover letter (outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close Wednesday 3 February 2021
Get in touch
Vicki Bryce – Team Leader, Support Programs
T: 0481 033 135 (during business hours)
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case Manager - Tenancy Plus via Pro Bono Australia.