About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Full time | Ongoing opportunity
- Based at Croydon
About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced social worker to join our Family Preservation and Reunification Program as part of the Families First team.
The Families First Program supports families with children aged 0-17 years who have been referred by DHHS Child Protection. The program aims to address protective concerns, prevent unnecessary out of home care placement, and support children and young people to return home where placement has occurred.
The Case Worker will:
- Provide intensive short term case management support and assertive outreach
- Undertake complex family assessments
- Develop informed and creative interventions tailored to the needs of each family
- Maintain comprehensive case notes and prepare high level reports
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology or a related discipline.
You will also have:
- Demonstrated understanding of a range of theoretical approaches relevant to working with infants, children, young people and families, including the Best Interests Framework
- Extensive professional experience in the field of child, youth and family services, including experience working with DHHS Child Protection
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement innovative interventions to engage reluctant families
- Capacity to work flexibly to meet the needs of families, children and young people
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more about this role or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover letter (outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close Wednesday 3 February 2021
Get in touch
Gillian Harris-Dawson – Manager, Family Preservation, Reunification & Home Based Care
T: 0403 353 516 (during business hours)
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case Worker - Families First via Pro Bono Australia.