About the role
Reporting to CEO, the COO will lead a central support services to deliver operational excellence for the organisation covering a wide range of functions, including: Finance; Governance & Risk Management and Compliance; Infrastructure; Project Management; IT and People.
The COO is a key member of the Executive Team and engages directly in setting strategy and implementing operations, advancement, and activation activities. The COO will also regularly interact with IJM Global and identify effective ways to collaborate.
Skills, Experience and Attributes
To be successful in this position you will have:
- A deep conviction for justice and ending slavery.
- Previously scaled operations and introduced new capabilities and systems to strengthen operations.
- Held leadership roles (COO or similar) across multiple disciplines; ideally Finance, IT, Compliance and Project Management
- Experience with NGO’s, ANCP accreditation and global organisations – an advantage
You will also be:
- Financially literate, process driven and analytical.
- A confident decision maker
What we offer:
- An inspiring work environment. Your work makes a difference in the lives of the thousands of clients IJM is serving. You are part of a passionate global team of professionals – characterised by an atmosphere of personal involvement and determination to bring justice, transform communities and end slavery.
- Opportunity to professionally develop your skills & attributes.
- Opportunity for spiritual formation.
- Salary is determined by our remuneration policy and years of QE
“When our grandchildren ask us where we were when the voiceless and the vulnerable in our era needed leaders of compassion and purpose, I hope we can say that we showed up, and that we showed up on time.” Gary Haughen, Founder and Global CEO IJM
About the organisation
Who we are
International Justice Mission is the global leader in protecting the world’s poorest people from violence in the developing world. Our global team is at work in over 25 countries across Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America and North America. Together we are catalysing a global movement that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
International Justice Mission Australia, established in 2014, partners with IJM Global to deliver justice programs overseas and grow the movement of Australians seeking justice for the oppressed.
IJM is Christian, Professional and Bridge Building. Our Christian value manifests not only in our motivation but in our culture and work environment, including daily devotions, stillness and prayer.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Chief Operating Officer (COO) via Pro Bono Australia.