About the role
- Five part time (0.5FTE), fixed term (to 31 December 2021) opportunities, based across Benalla, Wangaratta and Wodonga
- $61k-$65k annual salary + superannuation + generous salary packaging benefits + leave loading
- Unique opportunity to kick start a career in the growing and secure mental health sector
Are you looking for a fantastic opportunity to give back to bushfire affected communities? NewAccess is a program licenced by Beyondblue and is designed for people passionate about the mental health of their community to commence a career in the mental health sector. A once in a lifetime opportunity to kick start your new career, no qualifications are required, you will be provided full training and have an ongoing, regular supervision.
About the program
Wellways are thrilled to be delivering NewAccess in NorthEast Victoria. The bushfires of 2019/2020 sent shockwaves through the community and found many struggling to cope. NewAccess was developed and is licenced by Beyondblue, it is an adaption of the Increased Access to Psychological Therapy (IAPT) model. The program is a free mental health coaching program, utilising Low-intensity Cognitive Behavioural Therapy practices, designed to provide accessible, quality services for anyone finding it hard to manage life stress.
About the role
Are you a community minded person who is looking to give back to bushfire affected communities, but not sure where to start? Then this opportunity is for you!
Wellways in in a position to employ five, community minded coaches for the NewAccess program. NewAccess Coaches are a specially trained workforce recruited from ‘everyday’ people in the community. You will receive 12 months training including an intensive six-week training in Low-intensity Cognitive Behavioural Therapy by an accredited low intensity CBT provider. NewAccess Coaches work alongside participants on a problem, develop an understanding of what is causing distress and guide the use of tools and strategies that can be used in everyday life. Participants have access to an initial, face-to-face 60-minute session with you as their Coach where you will undertake assessment and triaging, then up to five 30-minute check in sessions. Sessions can be provided face-to-face or via SKYPE, What’s App or telephone LICBT.
- Unique job opportunity
- Kick start a new career
- No qualifications required, full training provided
- 8 hours per month of supervision for the first 12 months
- Flexible working arrangements, varied hours and the opportunity to work from home
- Ongoing support including 1.5 hours per month of supervision with NewAccess Team Leader
- Opportunity for career development within the organisation
- Thorough induction and orientation program
Skills & education
- Passionate in establishing and maintaining positive engagement with Aboriginal communities
- Ability to take and employ regular constructive feedback and support
- Ability to learn new skills in an intensive learning environment
- Ability to follow a structured approach to service delivery
- Ability to relate well to clients and staff
- High level of competency in key components of Microsoft Office
- applications combined with the ability to learn and adapt to new information technology systems
- Ability to use telehealth resources effectively including Skype, What’s App and phone conferencing
Pre-employment compliance requirements
- Evidence of working rights within Australia\
- Satisfactory National Police Records Check
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current Drivers Licence and the ability to undertake travel
- Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme clearance
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/training-course
About the organisation
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people of all ages with mental health issues, disabilities, and those requiring community care. People with lived experience, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds bring highly valued skills to our workforce.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Coach – NewAccess Program via Pro Bono Australia.