About the role
- Base yourself anywhere in Vic, NSW, QLD or Tasmania – this role covers a nationwide organisation
- $86K annual salary + superannuation + salary packaging benefits + leave loading
- Utilise your quality and assurance expertise in a growing mental health and disability not-for-profit
Under the support and direction of the Manager Quality and Risk, the Complaints Officer will provide complaints management (response, investigation, analysis) responding to participant feedback and impartially resolving complaints about Wellways Services.
The role will also be responsible for reporting and insights to deliver continuous improvements and improved participant outcomes.
In addition, the role will work with the Quality and Risk Team to support quality assurance and quality improvement activities across the organisation.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Undertake complaints management process in accordance with legal, risk and compliance requirements
- Liaising with participants, carers, family and external services over the phone, in person and in writing to ensure comprehensive investigation and effective resolution of complaints
- Liaise with Wellways staff and managers to ensure comprehensive investigation and effective resolution of complaints
- Utilising Wellways Complaint Management System and research skills to assess complaints and make decisions and/or recommendations on how to resolve the complaint
- Utilising caseload management strategies to proactively manage the volume of complaints
Skills & experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or demonstrated experience in Complaints management
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or demonstrated experience in mental health, disability or similar serviceExperience in dispute resolution and conflict resolution
- Knowledge of complaints management processes
- Knowledge and understanding of quality management standards relevant to the mental health, disability, aged care, or community services sector.\
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Pre-employment compliance requirements:
- Evidence of working rights within Australia
- Satisfactory National Police Records Check
- Working with Children Check
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate:https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-forworkers/training-course
About the organisation
We are a values-based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment and Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
How to apply
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Gavin Bussenschut, Manager Quality and Risk on 0428 359 706
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply. Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.
Please quote in application: Complaints Officer via Pro Bono Australia.