About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Focus on social housing, affordable housing and mixed-use (commercial) developments
- Full Time, Max Term (12 month contract with possible extension)
About the opportunity
The Development Manager is responsible for the management and delivery of identified social and affordable housing projects, including mixed-use projects, as part of Uniting’s growth strategy. The role will manage multiple projects through the entire development cycle and ensure projects are delivered in line with the relevant approvals.
This position will play a key role in delivering outcomes for Uniting Vic.Tas and Uniting Housing Australia’s growth strategy for ‘Making Housing a Priority’.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree qualification in Property Development, Project Management, Construction, Engineering, Architecture or related disciplines.
- Development Manager with delivery experience or, Project Manager with significant exposure to front-end development management.
- Extensive demonstrated experience in the delivery of development projects with values up to $20M+ in value.
- Experience in residential development particularly knowledge of social and affordable housing projects (desirable) delivered in mixed-use developments that include commercial uses.
- Ability to work independently and with autonomy across concurrent projects in a fluid environment.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by submitting the below:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability by addressing the key/core selection criteria according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on Sunday 24 January 2021
Get in touch
For a confidential discussion about the role, please call Mary Lacson, Senior Manager -Property Development on 0423 286 617.
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: www.unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and well-being of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We seek to work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Development Manager via Pro Bono Australia.