About the role
Mito Foundation continues to develop and expand our fundraising program and we are looking for passionate and tenacious individuals to join us as we endeavour to improve the lives of Australian’s impacted by mito. This is an opportunity to shape our strategic fundraising strategy for the next three years and beyond, and create a role that suits you.
We know there is a lot involved in strategic fundraising and we have a lot to learn. We are open to structuring this role to the right person or multiple people to achieve our goals across the following areas:
- Developing the Fundraising Strategic Plan: alongside the development of our three-year strategic plan, annual plans are developed and implemented for each financial year.
- Trust and Foundation management: current and potential opportunity management, grant applications partnering with our Services team to develop new funded programs.
- Major Donor, Corporate and Bequest management: current and potential opportunity management, partnering with our Communications team to implement effective communications/promotion campaigns.
- Capacity/Capital Campaign development and implementation: review/refine existing capacity/capital campaign strategy, engage with identified leads for direct ask, identify new leads for possible support (extension of Major Donor management).
- Partnering with the Direct Fundraising Manager to support all aspects of fundraising including appeals, community fundraising, events and regular giving.
- General management of the fundraising income budget, future opportunities pipeline, research and trend analysis and the donor management database (in conjunction with Direct Fundraising Manager).
Mito Foundation is looking for candidates with proven strategic fundraising experience. Candidates will have the ability to make the direct ask of key donors, in an appropriate and tactful way. You will be dynamic, confident and a great communicator, ideally with an understanding of publicity, social media and digital communications. Experience of developing and implementing a fundraising strategy and budget is beneficial. This space will offer the opportunity to apply your strategic mind whilst also demonstrating a keen eye for detail.
Our small team works collaboratively, ensuring the core values are realised and the mito community is at the forefront of everything we do. A passion to get behind our great cause and make a difference is a must.
About the organisation
Mitochondrial disease is a potentially fatal genetic disorder that robs the body's cells of the energy they need to thrive. Only recently identified and originally thought to be a rare disorder (affecting 1 in 20,000 people), it is now known that 1 in 5,000 live births will result in a life-threatening form of mitochondrial disease. Furthermore, 1 in 200 people carry genetic mutations that put them at risk of developing milder forms of the disease or unknowingly passing the disease on to their children.
Mito Foundation supports the mito community whilst seeking a cure through vital support services and by funding impactful research.
HELP SHAPE THE FUTURE OF A BURGEONING CHARITY MAKING A REAL DIFFERENCE!
Based in Surry Hills, Sydney, Mito Foundation offers flexible and family friendly working arrangements with attractive salary packing options leveraging the foundation's FBT exemption status to maximise your take home pay.
How to apply
To discuss opportunities in strategic fundraising at Mito Foundation, please call Toni Catton, General Manager on (02) 8033 4113 or apply by sending your Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com.
Please quote in application: Development Manager – Strategic Fundraising via Pro Bono Australia.