About the role
- Support clients with disabilities in group homes and help foster their independence
- Hourly Rate: $28.41 – $31
- Not-For-Profit Salary Packaging options available for all staff (up to $15,900/pa)
- Mental Health Experience or experience with challenging behaviours is required
This role is for our accommodation support in The Ponds. You will be supporting clients in group homes, in a shared living arrangement.
At Unisson, we believe human connection is the key to delivering a high standard of customer service to the people we support. Our unique service model is based on some key principles that guide our employees and give them the tools to build experiences with clients that have a substantial impact.
We believe in learning about people’s unique stories, searching for common ground, always finding the ‘yes’, be ing authentic and creating memorable connections with each individual that we support. The support we provide is what we do, the connection we create is HOW we do it.
About the Role
This role requires you to provide direct support to clients, in a person-centred way, to meet their needs and goals according to their own choices. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Support with daily living skills such as food preparation and housekeeping
- Support with personal care including eating, toileting and bathing
- Administering medication or other medical procedures where required
- Transferring/hoisting between the toilet, bed, motor vehicle etc.
- Providing support and assistance to promote good health and well-being
- Promoting activities that offer meaningful experiences and increase social networks such as endeavoring out into the community to participate in activities and programs
- Providing opportunities for skill development and involvement within their communities
Skills & Experience
Our ideal candidate:
- Has Mental health experience and/or experience with challenging behaviours (Required)
- Has a passion for supporting people to help live their best life
- Has high levels of energy and enthusiasm
- Has the ability to see the potential in people and shows initiative
- Is creative and proactive in identifying and responding to change
- Is empathetic and a good listener
- Positively engages in self-reflection
- Enjoys working independently and in a team environment
- Must be available to work different rostered shifts, weekends, evening shifts and split shifts.
- Certificate III and/or IV in Disability and prior experience is recommended but not required.
All staff are required to hold a NSW Driver’s License (P2/Full), a First Aid Certificate (or be willing to apply for one), and a current Working with Children’s Check (where required).
As we work with vulnerable people, the successful candidate will also be required to undergo a Police Check.
- Not-For-Profit Salary Packaging options available (up to $15,900/pa)
- Emphasis on training and development
- Career progression
- Collaborative and positive working culture
- Access to professional counselling service
- Discounted health cover
About the organisation
Unisson Disability is a disability support organisation that provides services to clients from Northern Sydney, Western Sydney, Central Coast and Hunter Region. Unisson Disability provides a variety of services including accommodation support, drop-in support, respite, community access programs, and supported employment.
How to apply
For more information about the role, please contact Raymond Le on 0435969732.
Please quote in application: Disability Support Worker - Shared Living - The Ponds via Pro Bono Australia.