About the role
- Part-time Executive Assistant position
- Canberra based (preferred)
Would you like the opportunity to contribute to a dynamic First Nations organisation?
Are you passionate about elevating the successes of First Nations people?
If your answers are yes, then Community First Development has the opportunity for you!
Community First Development’s Executive Assistant is responsible for providing high level administrative support to the CEO, Board and General Managers.
This role requires a highly organised person, with strong attention to detail, an ability to build and maintain key relationships, and experience of working directly to a CEO. It requires flexibility, responsiveness and accountability for maintaining confidentiality.
Key Responsibilities of this role include:
- Undertake executive level administrative functions and ensure the CEO and Board of Directors are supported to achieve their objectives and position functions.
- Provide administrative and activity support to the Senior Executive Team.
- Provide support to the Enabling Services Team in devising and implementing effective and efficient systems to support the functions of the organisation.
- Maintaining Community First Development’s workplace culture by adhering to its policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong administration experience including the ability to prioritise conflicting needs and execute multiple tasks efficiently and within tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and manage issues of a sensitive nature with tact and discretion.
- Demonstrated information technology skills including the use of Microsoft office programs and data systems.
- Demonstrated initiative and flexibility when faced with challenges or opportunities.
- Outstanding relationship and team building, coupled with strong verbal and written communication skills.
About the organisation
Community First Development is a First Nations community development and research organisation that creates positive change in and with First Nations communities.
We undertake social and economic development and research projects in partnership with First Nations communities, businesses and people. Communities have control; they name the priorities and choose the design, assets, capabilities and approaches to achieve their vision. We provide tailored support through community partners, skilled staff, trained volunteers, key supporters and service providers.
How to apply
Applications must include a CV and statement addressing the selection criteria and should be sent to email@example.com by 5pm 29 January 2021. Please note screening and interviewing for this role will commence immediately. If you are intending to apply, please do so now.
Community First Development aims to be an employer of choice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and non-Indigenous Australians. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please quote in application: Executive Assistant via Pro Bono Australia.