About the role
Southern Cross Care’s name is known and trusted throughout NSW & the ACT where they have been part of the community for nearly 50 years. They believe that individuality is one of the greatest gifts of being human and everything they do is tailored to enhance quality of life and enable you to live life on your terms.
Southern Cross Care NSW & ACT (SCC) provides a full spectrum of personalised services to empower older people in 31 residential aged care homes, 29 retirement community villages and also home-based care services throughout metropolitan Sydney, regional NSW and the ACT, leading to a geographically diverse workforce and client base.
SCC is passionate about providing a safe environment, high quality care and ensuring an organisational wide seamless experience for residents and their families as they traverse changing care needs.
Benefits & Culture
- Generous remuneration including NFP packaging, car or car allowance
- Positon based in Epping with requirement for some travel across NSW and ACT
- Professional development opportunities and engaged executive team
You will work collaboratively with the CEO and the executive team to enhance organisational capability, strengthen the connection of employees with SCC’s objectives and values, and achieve a culture of high engagement and performance across a technically diverse team. Your role will include:
- Leading human resources, training & development, WHS and change management functions
- Being a partner to line management, ensuring best practice HR, ER, OD and IR
- Continuing to build on existing talent management strategies
- Leading an already talented team of HR professionals
- Responsibility for ensuring compliance with industry standards and legislation
You are currently a senior executive in a people and culture function, ideally from health, human services or aged care. You are able to demonstrate expertise in delivering complex social human resource outcomes in a large and geographically diverse organisation. It’s crucial that you also have:
- A broad range of best practice HR management experience including succession planning
- A consultative and collaborative approach to initiatives and business partnering
- Demonstrated EBA and IR experience
- Exceptional team leadership and project management skills
- The ability to translate strategy into action
- A working knowledge of all relevant legislation
If you have the desire to make a significant contribution to a large and diverse workforce, and the ability to adhere to SCC’s vision, mission and values, please submit a CV and cover letter addressing the skills required section of the advertisement above. Alternatively, please email Lisa Morell on email@example.com if you have specific questions.
Please note that there is no formal closing date for this role. Early applications are encouraged and suitable candidates may be shortlisted for interview as applications are received.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: General Manager, People & Culture via Pro Bono Australia.