About the role
The Brotherhood of St Laurence (BSL) has a clear vision – an Australia free of poverty.
For almost 90 years, we have worked with policy makers and the community for systemic change that will prevent and alleviate poverty in Australia.
We are passionate about the work we do.
We strive to create change that lasts for a more compassionate and just society – a society in which we can all fully participate in social, civic and economic life with the dignity and respect we all deserve.
The Intake and Booking Officer position will assist in meeting the contract deliverables in the
service delivery of ECEI and LAC across contracted areas. The role ensures that participants of the NDIS have smooth and efficient planning coordination.
- Support the delivery of high quality ECEI and LAC services in accordance with the contract, program guidelines, ECIS best practice principles and relevant legislative obligations
- Be the first point of contact for families and participants including via phone, email or directly with families via face to face interactions
- Follow specified practices and processes to enable service level monitoring, evaluation and reporting against key performance indicators (KPIs) and to ensure required outcomes and performance measures are met
Salary will be in the range of $64,624.20 to $69,287.36 per annum based on skills and experience plus superannuation.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR –
Passion for supporting the mission of BSL, and delivering excellence in your role, are just the start.
To be considered for the role and be successful in it, we’re looking for an who has the following key skills and experiences:
- Proven experience in working customer facing environments, customer services or similar role
- Proven experience in an intake or data entry role
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships and liaise across all levels both internally, externally and with people from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated experience in providing professional and friendly customer service to the community
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills with the ability to planworkload, prioritise and meet deadlines in a dynamic fast paced environment
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively as part of a team to achieve outcomes
- Demonstrated knowledge and competency in Microsoft Officer Programs including Word, Excel and Outlook with ability to effectively use a range of office and customer support technologies
- Understanding of and empathy with the values and ideals of the Brotherhood
- Demonstrated understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Demonstrated understanding of disability and the care and community sector
- Lived experience or awareness of the impact of existing or acquired disability upon individuals, carers and community
- Networks within CALD or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- Administration, computer skills and competency in Microsoft Program
- Extensive salary packaging options to reduce amount of tax you pay
- Career development opportunities
- Leave loading of 17.5%
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program
BSL employees enjoy a range of flexible work options and other attractive benefits. Recognising that there is no ‘one size fits all’ pattern of work–life balance, the organisation endeavours to provide options to suit the needs of all staff.
If this looks like a role that’s right for you, APPLY NOW or contact Belinda Rutledge on 0491 156 175 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close: Friday 29 January at 11:55pm.
We are an EEO and understand the importance of diversity and inclusion. We recognise that everyone has the right to an equitable, safe and productive environment and to be treated with dignity and respect. We welcome applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, disability or sexual orientation. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Intake and Booking Officer via Pro Bono Australia.