About the role
- Full Time fixed term opportunity till 30 December 2021, based in Wodonga, working out of the Albury office
- $61k annual salary (pro rata for part time) + superannuation + generous salary packaging benefits + leave loading
- Exciting opportunity to give back to bushfire affected communities.
Are you looking for a fantastic opportunity to give back to bushfire affected communities?
NewAccess is a program licenced by Beyondblue and is designed for people passionate about the mental health of their community to commence a career in the mental health sector.
About the program
Wellways are thrilled to be delivering NewAccess in NorthEast Victoria. The bushfires of 2019/2020 sent shockwaves through the community and found many struggling to cope. NewAccess was developed and is licenced by Beyondblue, it is an adaption of the Increased Access to Psychological Therapy (IAPT) model. The program is a free mental health coaching program, utilising Low-intensity Cognitive Behavioural Therapy practices, designed to provide accessible, quality services for anyone finding it hard to manage life stress. For more information about NewAccess visit: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/newaccess/about-newaccess
About the role
Under the direction and support of the Team Leader, NewAccess, the Intake Officer provides the day to day intake and assessment functions, is the first point of call for those on a wait list and provides active wait-list management strategies. You will be required to undertake travel around NorthEast Victoria to offer services.
Day to day functions include:
- Conduct initial screening of clients seeking NewAccess services
- Support referrals in to NewAccess
- Screening for eligibility for NewAccess programs
- Ensure a catchment wide response to demand management and prioritisation for allocation for eligible clients
- Facilitate referrals and support
- Provide information for ineligible participants and refer them to external services where appropriate.
- Unique job opportunity
- Kick start a new career
- No qualifications or experience required, full training provided
- 8 hours per month of supervision for the first 12 months
- 1.5 hours per month of supervision with Team Leader, NewAccess
- Flexible working arrangements, varied hours and the opportunity to work from home
- Opportunity for career development within the organisation
- Thorough induction and orientation program
Skills & education
- Ability to take and employ regular constructive feedback and support
- Ability to learn new skills in an intensive learning environment
- Ability to follow a structured approach to service delivery
- Ability to relate well to clients and staff
- High level of competency in key components of Microsoft Office applications combined with the ability to learn and adapt to new information technology systems
- Experience working in a recovery orientated mental health environment
Pre-employment compliance requirements
- Evidence of working rights within Australia
- Satisfactory National Police Records Check
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current Drivers Licence and the ability to undertake travel
- Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme clearance
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/training-course
About the organisation
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people of all ages with mental health issues, disabilities, and those requiring community care. People with lived experience, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds bring highly valued skills to our workforce.
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page:
https://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5332136.
Each application must include the following:
- A cover letter and CV
- Submission of a voice recording / video recording at the time of application, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please limit your recording to no more than 5 minutes. Recordings are required to address the following key points:
- Why you have applied for the role?
- What is your understanding of mental health challenges?
- What strengths and personal attributes / characteristics will you bring to this role?
- How would you describe your communication style and how it applies to this role?
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Amy Bertakis, NewAccess Project Manager, on 0417 64 2698
Applications close 24 January 2021
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply. Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.
Please quote in application: Intake Officer via Pro Bono Australia.