About the role
About the Finance and Corporate Services Manager Role
- Do you want to apply your accounting acumen in the key area of the community housing?
- Is social justice important to you?
- Are you ready to join a growing organisation in a senior leadership role?
Reporting directly to the CEO, the position of Finance and Corporate Services Manager for SCH St Kilda Community Housing Ltd is a part time 4 day a week role.
senior management role that oversees all functions of the organisation’s finance and accounting department, whilst supporting the CEO in all matter business finance related. The role is also responsible for ensuring that the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of human resources plans and programs are realised; Oversight of the IT system (in conjunction with external contractors), compliance reporting and submission oversight is also a responsibility for this position.
The position calls for high-level analytic skills, financial management ability, and significant experience in accounting and budget planning, with documented experience in human resource systems management.
Leadership & Teamwork: As part of the senior management team, the role requires a person who can assist with the formal leadership, learning and coaching of other team members. Promotes and models sharing of knowledge and information. The organisation has a social justice foundation and therefore this role, and all senior management roles, requires the incumbent to have sensitivity to all stakeholders (from residents to colleagues) and an understanding of human rights and social justice.
Duties and Responsibilities
FINANCE & ACOUNTING duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Administer rents and arrears together with Housing Manager reporting tenancy management.
- Advising on and implementing strategic planning and business planning;
- All banking matters (including online);
- Budget planning and reporting (including monthly reporting);
- Company contract management;
- Company insurance management;
- Completing all tax-related matters, including BAS;
- Creating Company financial statements for internal and external requirements;
- Day to day management accounting and GL management;
- Developing financial reviews and advice;
- Ensuring compliance with statutory law/financial regulations including ATO & ACNC;
- Processing of payroll and superannuation according to current schedule;
- Procurement management;
- Providing financial analysis and forecasting;
- Review and recommend accounting & financial operations (& Operations Manual)
- Supervising book keeper and participate in data entry;
- Together with CEO manage annual audit;
- Together with CEO/Company Secretary liaise with Company Treasurer on matters pertaining to financial governance;
HUMAN RESOURCE duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Creating and revising job descriptions;
- Together with CEO negotiate and register EBA;
- Maintaining HR records and reports;
- Developing, analysing, and updating the company’s salary budget;
- Developing, analysing and updating the company’s staff evaluation program;
- Developing, revising, and recommending personnel policies and procedures;
- Maintaining and revising the company’s handbook on policies and procedures;
- Recommending new policies, approaches, and procedures;
- Ensure all work entitlements are administered correctly.
OTHER duties and responsibilities
- Management of IT system in conjunction with CEO and external providers
- Communications and PR oversight
- Submissions and grants oversight
About the organisation
The Mission or Purpose of St Kilda Community Housing is:
Through sustainable housing we build communities that help socially disadvantaged people at risk of homelessness to improve their lives.
Our Vision is: To advocate for and deliver innovative housing solutions for at risk communities.
Our Values are: Inclusiveness, Integrity , Kindness, and Respect.
These guide our behaviour and also align with the values of our major stakeholder the Department of Health and Human Services.
St Kilda Community Housing (SCH) started in the St Kilda area in 1984 by people with a passion for social justice through creating and supporting housing communities. The passion continues - SCH now manages 354 units. 88 of those are in rooming houses where they share kitchens and bathrooms-the rest-266 are self- contained.
SCH works with people who have experienced significant social disadvantage and are usually marginalized, many without links to family or community.
SCH aims to provide more than just housing, but to also build a community which supports and encourages people to live a healthy life and become connected and engaged citizens.
How to apply
Please reply to Vicky.Mciver@arrusknoble.com with a CV and short cover letter and subject line of SCH Finance and Corporate Services Manager via Pro Bono
Please quote in application: Manager Finance and Corporate Services via Pro Bono Australia.