About the role
- 12 months fixed-term, full-time (through to 25 February 2022)
- Great St Kilda location, close to public transport, cafes
- $74,997.54 per annum (pro-rata) + super
- Additional wellbeing leave + salary packaging
- Flexible working environment
We are currently seeking a highly-skilled Case Manager to join our Melbourne Street to Home team. This role will work with the Inner South Outreach team who provide intensive, flexible and creative support to people who have experienced chronic homelessness. As part of Covid-19 measures, the Inner South Outreach team are working a combination of on-road outreach, using the in St Kilda office and workin from home as the base, staying connected with regular morning check in’s and weekly team meetings. Launch Housing’s vision for this particular program is that it works to end homelessness by providing rapid access to permanent, affordable and safe housing as a foundation together with targeted support to improve quality of life and encourage independence, empowerment, autonomy and dignity.
We’re seeking someone who can provide case management to a diverse and complex caseload using a model of persistent and assertive outreach.
You will have a passion for working with people experiencing homelessness and determination to deliver innovative and effective services of the highest possible standard for our clients.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- An understanding of homelessness, in particular of the needs and issues impacting our clients\
- Competent in IT – using internal Launch systems and applications, MS Office, MS Outlook and internet browsing, etc.
- A demonstrated capacity to work flexibly, and have the ability to manage competing demands and the setting of boundaries and limits
- Ability to work collaboratively with other organisations in formal and informal partnerships to achieve client outcomes
- Relevant qualifications and/or experience in the social welfare sector, working with clients with complex needs
About the organisation
Launch Housing is an independent Melbourne based community organisation passionately committed to ending homelessness. From providing high-quality housing to an innovative range of support, education, and employment services, we bring solutions to homelessness under one roof for thousands at risk or experiencing the crisis and trauma of homelessness. With over 400 staff working across 14 locations in metropolitan Melbourne, we combine direct action with advocacy, research, and innovation to drive widespread change.
How to apply
If you need further information regarding this role, please contact Rosie Dodd on 0429 895 925.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia and will be required to complete a Working with Children Check and Police check. Launch Housing is committed to child safety. We have zero-tolerance for child abuse. Launch Housing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports accessible working arrangements for all. This includes people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, culturally, religiously and linguistically diverse people, young people, older people, women, and people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse, intersex or queer. We acknowledge Lived Experience as unique expertise and encourage people with a Lived Experience of Homelessness to apply.
Please quote in application: Melbourne Street To Home (MS2H) - Case Manager via Pro Bono Australia.