About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Casual roles available based in Heidelberg
About the opportunity
The Men’s Behaviour Change Facilitator role is designed to provide clinical assessment, counselling, group-work and therapeutic support to men, women and children of Uniting’s Family Violence Intervention Program. The position will also provide secondary consultation to staff of Uniting.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Qualifications in Social Work, Psychology, Welfare Studies or equivalent.
- Certificate IV in Male Family Violence or relevant experience that ensures equivalency under the NO TO VIOLENCE STANDARDS (highly desirable).
- Demonstrated ability to provide clinical assessment, intervention and treatment to men who perpetrate Family Violence.
- Demonstrated ability to provide Individual Counselling and a thorough understanding of the Family Violence Service System.
- Evolved understanding of drug and alcohol and/or mental health issues and service systems.
- Highly developed ability to provide secondary consultation, training, advice and support to staff and other professionals.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by submitting the below:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability by addressing the key/core selection criteria according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications will be considered as they are received, therefore interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Get in touch
Susie Carr, Team Leader – Men’s Behaviour Change – Susie.Carr@vt.uniting.org
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: www.unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and well-being of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We seek to work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Mens Behaviour Change Facilitator via Pro Bono Australia.