About the role
CMY seeks a Multicultural Youth Worker, (located in Dandenong), who will provide individualised support and case management services to young people aged 12-17 years of age who have disengaged from education. Services and supports will include undertaking assessments, development and implementation of re-engagement plans, family and referral and outreach work. Through the services provided, the Multicultural Youth Worker will assist young people to remain in education or to reconnect back into education and training.
- Hours: 38 hours per week (1 FTE), Full Time
- Fixed Term: until 31 December 2022
- Base Salary (SCHADS Level 4 ) : $72, 361 per annum plus Super and access to Salary Packaging
- Location: CMY Dandenong Office (Due to COVID-19 restrictions, this role will require you to initially work from home)
- Applications Close: Midday 12:00pm, Friday 29th January 2021
- Interviews: to be held in the week beginning 1st February 2021
You will have
- An understanding of adolescent development and knowledge of the factors that can contribute to a young person’s disengagement from education and learning.
- Knowledge and experience in appropriate interventions/skills required to support young people and families from vulnerable, culturally diverse and marginalised communities and a clear understanding of case management, intensive support, crisis intervention and assertive outreach.
- Capacity to work with a high degree of cultural competency and understanding of culturally appropriate service delivery in relation to Aboriginal young people, their families and communities, and in relation to CALD young people, their families and communities.
- Experience working with families and ability to use a range of strategies around family issues such as family violence, family breakdown and school withdrawal.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the capacity to liaise with a range of government and non-government stakeholders.
For more information
About the organisation
The Centre for Multicultural Youth (CMY) is a not-for-profit organisation based in Victoria, providing specialist knowledge and support to young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds. Our vision is that young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds are connected, empowered and influential Australians.
How to apply
- Provide your updated resume / CV
- Provide a document addressing each of the key selection criteria outlined in the position description
- Email the above documents to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: <insert your name> CMY174.
Please quote in application: Multicultural Youth Worker - Navigator (CMY174) via Pro Bono Australia.