About the role
Connecting Home is a Victorian based agency specifically supporting survivors of the Stolen Generations across South Eastern Australia. The support provided encompasses the holistic needs of the Stolen Generations and their family, including disability services, that is self-determined with regards to what goals they seek to achieve.
Connecting Home is dedicated to supporting some of the most vulnerable people of the community who have been traumatised and impacted by being forcibly removed from their families and provides the tools and resources combined with the important role of walking with the survivor on their healing journey.
Benefits & Culture
- Competitive salary and generous salary packaging
- Flexible work practices and family friendly workplace
- Collaborative, inclusive, engaged and positive team environment
Reporting to the CEO in this newly formed role you will lead a small dedicated operational team to deliver financial, IT and data systems. This leadership position is responsible for operational management of the organisation including compliance, governance and funding contractual obligations. You will also drive strategic operational priorities for the organisation. You will do this by:
- Reviewing and improving existing financial reporting to the CEO and board
- Operationalise the organisations strategic plan and vision
- Develop, implement and maintain organisational IT/HR/Compliance systems
- Implement sound financial controls and risk frameworks
- Nurture a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
You are a passionate people leader who understands the issues and needs of Indigenous people who have been removed from their families, community and culture and are currently working in a similar role ideally within community services or a health driven organisation. Importantly you can demonstrate:
- Success in enhancing operational systems and processes
- Strong communication skills and stakeholder relationship management
- An interest in staff wellbeing and creating a positive and ethical working environment
- Expert stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to build and develop strong relationships within government and Aboriginal organisations and communities
- Hold a current Victorian drivers licence
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are strongly encouraged to apply.
Use your operational management experience and be instrumental in providing quality services that supports the survivors of the Stolen Generations across South Eastern Australia. Apply now by submitting your resume and cover letter addressing the skills required.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Operations Manager via Pro Bono Australia.