About the role
Grade 1 or Grade 2
- Part-time position 2-3 days per week – three-year contract
- Generous salary packaging
- Supportive team-oriented environment
We have an exciting opportunity for a Paediatric Speech Pathologist to work in our Child Health multi-disciplinary team as part of the School Readiness Funding initiative. This is an exciting new initiative that will provide you with an opportunity to work with kindergarten educators and families in the Banyule, Darebin, Nillumbik and Yarra regions to build their capacity to support young children’s learning in the key areas of:
- Improved speech, language, social interaction and early literacy outcomes
- Self-regulation and positive and pro-social behaviours
- Social and emotional wellbeing
Your motivation, interpersonal skills, and expertise as a Paediatric Speech will see you excel in this role as you:
- Work collaboratively with kindergarten educators and families in kindergarten communities to build their capacity to support young children’s learning
- Work effectively in a multidisciplinary paediatric allied health team
- Use your high-level communication and rapport building skills to ensure positive relationships are built with internal and external stakeholders
What you will need:
- Approved qualification in Speech Pathology
- Experience working with children in an early primary/preschool setting with families who may be experiencing hardship
- Experience working in a capability building and coaching role with educators and families to promote skills and knowledge in child development
- Experience with leading child communication initiatives in early years settings, such as It Takes Two to Talk – Hanen Program and/or Learning Language and Loving It for Early Childhood Educators
- Ability to be part of a mobile workforce and travel to kindergartens within Banyule, Darebin, Nillumbik and Yarra regions
About the organisation
We pride ourselves on our supportive attitude and culture, built on our core values of Dignity in everything we do, Quality matters and It takes passion. Our Child Health team is passionate about what we do and we make a significant difference to our clients’ health and well-being.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Paediatric Speech Pathologist via Pro Bono Australia.