About the role
A trusted and reassuring presence in the Victorian community for more than 136 years, St John Ambulance Victoria is a for purpose organisation and driving force in the community, working for the Service of Humanity. We look to the future as a vibrant and strong organisation which exists to help those in our community who are in sickness, distress, suffering or danger.
Our desire is to serve the community further, deliver the best care possible and be a place where people are inspired to volunteer and work. We support our charitable work through a strong and diversified commercial operation, operating as a certified Social Enterprise.
About the Opportunity
At St John we love what we do and are driven to serve the community in which we live.
The role of Business Partner – OHS and Wellbeing reports to the General Manager People and Culture and will support the wider business. The role will drive wellbeing initiatives, including physical, nutrition and mental health programs, deliver and support OH&S professional development activities, manage workplace injuries and return to work initiatives as well as being a trusted advisor and consultant to the leadership group.
We are searching for a dynamic, energetic and highly organised OHS professional who thrives on working in a fast-paced environment and is dedicated to customer centricity.
Note: Experience working in the health sector as it relates to not-for-profits would be highly regarded but not essential.
Essential Skills and Attributes (Selection Criteria):
- A comprehensive understanding and commitment to Wellbeing, Health and Safety practices and principles.
- Experience designing and rolling out employee wellbeing programs.
- Experience in injury prevention and relevant strategies.
- Strong understanding of return to work management and implementation experience.
- Knowledge of Australian HSE legislation and the ability to impart knowledge sharing with others.
- Experience designing and delivering professional development.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to enable effective and appropriate interaction with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong administration and computer literacy including Microsoft Office i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Effective time management and organisational skills with the ability to allocate appropriate amounts of time for completing work, avoiding scheduling conflicts.
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to lead, plan and execute projects.
- Able to work reasonable additional hours if required.
- Willingness to travel to locations to meet with internal stakeholders and leaders.
- Willingness to undertake a current Police check and Working with Children Check
St John supports an inclusive approach in both the workplace and community where you can pursue and achieve your goals to the fullest potential through ‘Our Safe Place’. St John offers a great culture and amazing staff benefits including career growth opportunities, training and development opportunities, tax free salary packaging options, discount cards, health and wellbeing offerings, complimentary breakfast and fresh fruit, fabulous coffee machines, team building activities, additional leave days and staff excellence awards. We also have an engaging and active social club!
How to Apply
Please apply with your updated resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria. Your cover letter statement should include how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities would enable you to achieve the key accountabilities and succeed in the position.
If you experience any difficulties applying online, please contact our People and Culture Recruitment Team by email email@example.com.
Our commitment to Diversity
St John is committed to fostering an inclusive and equitable work environment for all our people. We encourage an environment where people feel respected, safe and valued for who they are and the contribution they make to the organisation and the community. We welcome and encourage applications from people across our diverse community, especially from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) applicants.
Our commitment to Child Safety
As an organisation that regularly works with children, we at St John believe that all children have the right to be emotionally and physically safe at all times, and to be treated with dignity and respect, free from emotional, psychological and physical danger, abuse and neglect. St John is committed to identifying, mitigating and managing risk to children through a preventative and risk management approach.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: People and Culture Business Partner - OHS and Wellbeing via Pro Bono Australia.