About the role
- Exciting opportunity for a PARC Manager in Bairnsdale
- A program offering short-term residential support for people experiencing mental health challenges
- Permanent full time vacancy, $92k annual salary + superannuation + salary packaging benefits + leave loading
This is an opportunity you will want to be part of, in building our prevention and recovery care (PARC) services in Bairnsdale with an established recovery team who is creative, motivated and focused on ensuring positive experiences and outcomes for participants.
The Program Manager forms part of the Regional Leadership Team and oversees the end-to-end program operations, including service development and people management. The role requires someone with a keen eye for continuous improvement and quality service delivery, your demonstrated experience in leading a supportive and effective team and personal values that align with ours will set you apart from your peers.
The Prevention and Recovery Care program is a collaborative service between Wellways and Latrobe Regional Hospital Mental Health Services (LRHMHS). PARC is a step up, step down short stay residence that provides clinical and psychosocial support to participants, to prevent the need for hospitalisation or after an inpatient stay to support ongoing recovery. All our recovery services value cultural diversity, support and create opportunities for recovery, value peer participation and leadership and are underpinned by evidence-based best practice.
What do you need?
- Tertiary qualification in a social science or related discipline
- Experience in co-ordinating, supervising and leading a team and the ability to develop and manage staff in a way that ensures maximum staff participation and potential
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills to support effective program design and evaluation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop reports and participate in public speaking and formal presentations
- Demonstrated experience and skills in working within programs for people with mental health challenges
- An understanding of the biopsychosocial model of mental health and how social inclusion principles are applied to service delivery
- Ability to establish effective partnerships including liaison, mediation, negotiation and consultation
- Current valid Driver’s Licence and the ability to undertake some travel
- First Aid Level 2
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate
- Evidence of the right to work in Australia
- Evidence of, or a willingness to undergo a National Police Records Check, Working with Children Check-employment, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme clearance
About the organisation
Wellways are a team of approximately 2000 staff and 150 volunteers across 93 sites providing a range of programs, services and supports to people right across Queensland, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, Victoria and Tasmania. We remain committed to our vision, of creating inclusive communities where everyone can imagine and achieve their hopes and potential; and we are always on the look-out for like-minded people who would like to be a part of this.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Program Coordinator - PARC via Pro Bono Australia.