About the role
- Full time Fixed-Term until December 2021
- Based in Clifton Hill
- Great salary packaging conditions and leave entitlements
- Free onsite parking
Forensicare is the statutory agency responsible for the provision of adult forensic mental health services across Victoria. This position is located at the Community Forensic Mental Health Service (CFMHS) in Clifton Hill, 15 minutes from Melbourne’s CBD. CFMHS is a specialist state-wide agency that works with individuals who have a serious mental health illness and have offended or are at risk of offending.
About the role:
Psychologists will provide clinical psychological expertise to the Problem Behaviour Program (PBP) at CFMHS and undertake the required responsibilities as a member of the multidisciplinary team. Psychologists will provide consultancy and advice to other agencies and key stakeholders. The psychologist may be involved in scholarly writing and research.
- Assessment and treatment of clients with problem behaviours including stalking, sexual offending, fire setting and violence
- Preparation of pre-sentence court reports
- Participation in multi-disciplinary team / clinical review / program development activities
- Skills and experience:
- Demonstrated commitment to mental health consumer recovery.
- Extensive knowledge of the current psychological approaches in working with mentally, and/or behaviourally or sexually disordered clients in the forensic mental health setting.
Mandatory qualifications & registrations:
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA) with approved area of practice (or undertaking registrar program) in clinical psychology and/or forensic psychology
- Masters or Doctoral qualification in Clinical Psychology, or, Doctoral degree in Forensic psychology from an APS accredited course or equivalent.
- The successful candidate will be required to register their qualifications on eCredential
- This position is subject to a Police Check.
We value our staff and provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Great salary packaging conditions.
- Excellent leave entitlements.
- Post-graduate scholarship programs.
- Ongoing training and full orientation.
- Comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Programs including Employee Assistance Programs.
Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce which reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people who identify as LGBTQI, people with a lived experience of disability, as well as people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Forensicare promotes the following values: responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect and leadership; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Psychologist via Pro Bono Australia.