About the role
Part-time 0.8FTE, 66K annual base salary (pro-rata) with full super and salary sacrificing benefits
The Flying Doctors Victoria are seeking a passionate and proactive Quality Coordinator to join our Corporate Services team based in Richmond. This part-time (0.8FTE) position will have a focus on supporting the continuous quality and regulatory improvement activities of the RFDS by advising and assisting with quality system implementations, OH&S and risk management.
Reporting to the Quality and Impact Manager, the Quality Coordinator will assist management teams in their adherence to relevant governance and organisational requirements including achieving National Safety and Quality in Health Service Standards (NSQHS) accreditation. The successful candidate will ensure a robust risk management framework is maintained across the organisation, examine develop and evaluate systems to ensure effectiveness, conduct and/or facilitate internal audits of clinical and quality systems, and support quality improvement activity.
- As a values driven individual you’re able to demonstrate a professional approach to your work and are passionate about helping others.
- A strong attention to detail, the ability to prioritise, multi-task and stay organised while remaining flexible and responsive to changing needs are skills that come naturally.
- With a demonstrated background working in the quality space, you have hands on experience with ISO9001:2015 and/or National Safety and Quality in Health Service Standards (NSQHS).
- Your innate curiosity, hunger to learn and desire build on your current experience feeds into your ability pick up new tasks, systems and procedures quickly and with ease.
- You can demonstrate a sound knowledge of quantitative and qualitative evaluation strategies to monitor and report the performance of quality improvement and have tangible experience performing internal quality audits and quality risk assessments.
- You understand the mission of the Flying Doctor and understand the importance of what we are trying to achieve, you’re able to demonstrate a community minded approach to your work and are passionate about helping others.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant qualifications and/or substantial work experience exhibiting a track record in quality management
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality systems used to review, monitor and evaluate health services performance including NSQHS and ISO9001 (essential)
- Experience in project and quality management including systems, process and behavioural change
The successful candidate will be joining a small and supportive team who are passionate about improving the health and wellbeing of rural Victorians and strengthening the culture of quality across the organisation. Please note that this role may require occasional travel across the state and as such a driver’s licence will be essential.
About the organisation
Proudly serving Australians since 1928, the Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) provides emergency aeromedical and allied health services for people in rural and remote Australia. We strive towards improving the health and wellbeing of our rural communities and believe in creating opportunities so all Victorians have the choice to access essential primary health care services.
How to apply
If this sounds like the role for you please supply a copy of your resume and a cover letter outlining your experience and suitability for the position and answering the question “What does quality mean to you, and how do you see this applying to the Flying Doctor?”
Applications close COB Wednesday 27th January 2021, however applications will be assessed as received and RFDS reserves the right to close the position earlier if the right candidate is found. Please check your email after submitting your cover letter and resume to complete the remaining steps in our application process.
Please note that due to large volume of applications received RFDS will only be contacting those shortlisted for interviews.
RFDS VIC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please quote in application: Quality Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.